Are you okay with same-sex marriage?

I just finished watching a family guy episode about gay marriage, and this caused me to wonder why gay marriage is still such a problem in the USA?

I live in the Netherlands, which was the first country to allow same-sex marriage. My parents are lesbian and I have had the loveliest childhood I could have wished for.

So why is gay marriage still such a problem? Do you oppose or support it? And why?

I am not looking for a fight, simply looking for answers. Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Support it. No problem with it.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not okay with same-sex marriage.

Just because of religious beliefs.

What Girls Said 5

• I live in the USA and in a very Conservative State! But I personally support same sex marriage! You can't choose who you love and you should be able to marry who love no questions asked! I have the right the man I love and so should every other American weather it is a marriage between a man and a woman or a same sex marriage!

• I have a lot of gay friends and of course I support it 100%.

• not really.

• I don't care at all

I'm not gay so it does not really concern me. If 2 people like each other no matter what race, sex ect... go ahead get married be happy, they deserve respect like any human being.

P.s I must admit I used to be a homophobe because I did not grow up around a lot of gay people and found it odd.

As the saying goes:

Being mad at someone for being gay, is like being mad at someone for eating a donut because you are on a diet.

• This all comes down to personal choice sweetie,

If its right for the people that are getting married than it should be right.

I married a man that was my choice and no one could tell me that it was wrong or anything like that so yes I am OK with other peoples choices, because at the end of the day it comes down to what makes them happy. Xx