Why wouldn't he call me?

My boyfriend said that he was going out of town for awhile last night, and he said that he would call me. He still hasn't called me and I haven't heard from him since 4 yesterday. This has been going on for over a year now, and I constantly tell him how much I hate it. I really can't handle it anymore, it makes me feel like he doesn't care or respect me. Sometimes I feel like he is more worried about being with his friends, and partying. When I tell him about it he says it's no big deal and that he doesn't have to talk to me all the time, when all I want to know is if he is alright. We are engaged so that makes it even worse. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe your smothering him too much. If he's going out of town to have a good time with his buddies you should let him be. Go out and have some fun with your friends. The more you worry about it and make it a big deal the more he's going to feel that you don't trust him when he's out.

What Guys Said 3

• He doesn't think this is a bid deal, and you do. Thats why he keeps doing it. Accept the fact that he is always going to be inconsiderate to your feelings about this. You can try telling him again, and say how bad it makes you feel when he does this, but it doesn't sound like he gets it. You are engaged, so you have to decide how serious this is in your relationship. It doesn't sound like he'll change.

• Explain to him exactly why and how it makes you feel when he does this, ask to go with him some of the times.

• Take off your ring, tell him to start to make up his damn mind and THEN go hang with your girls!. He's not ready for commitment, no way. Or send out a detective!

What Girls Said 2

• Does he tell you where he goes? I mean he doesn't text to say night or anything? Nah, I could not date anyone who would not day night baby to me. Maybe he isn't ready to be tied down.

• I have somewhat the same problem except my guy goes for days sometimes so I know exactly how you feel. If you don't feel like he cares or respects you I feel like you need to make your stand now and tell him if he doesn't change that you will decide if you can stay in the relationship any longer. My guy and I are taking a "break" over the same issues and if we start talking again I am going to make my stand as well so I practice what I preach. I wish you the best of luck!