Is it bad that I have an engagement ring picked out with no boyfriend?

I was browsing online at a jewelry store for a gift for a family member and saw the perfect ring. And when I meet that special someone I want him to give me this ring. :D

• No, makes sense
  • Yes, it ruins the surprise
  • Other, please explain
It's not an eagerness for marriage or anything, more so that I love the ring I saw, it's affordable too imo.

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted other because I don't really think there is anything wrong with admiring jewelry or even thinking about that kind of stuff. Lots of girls think about their wedding dress, where they'd like to have a wedding, flowers etc... so I would think its normal. However it may seem eager as others have pointed out and could scare guys off if they knew too soon. Once you're in a relationship and it gets to that point you could casually bring it up or point it out but in the end my personal opinion is that you should trust him to choose a ring for you when he's ready. It will be more special coming from him, don't you think?

• Yeah that's true. I change my mind frequently anyways.

What Guys Said 6

• Ask yourself, which is more important? Getting engaged or who your boyfriend will be?

• If you love the ring so much, get it for yourself.

• I'd be freaked out to be honest. It makes it sound like you've got your priorities wrong.

• No, it's not bad. In fact it's good that you are honest with yourself about what's important to you in life. Most women today are not.

I hope you find a good guy to go with that ring, one who will make you happy. But I also hope you are cognizant about what that ring means.

• I would be freaked out if my girlfriend had a ring picked out, LOL.

• Yeah, that would send me running for the hills

What Girls Said 7

• I understand you, slightly. I've looked at a specific company which I want my future engagement ring to be bought from and seen what kind of rings they have. I'm quite curious about things I don't know about and engagement rings is something I have no knowledge of so I did a little research and checked them out one night. (I was in a long term relationship though by the way and he spoke about proposing etc.) However, I didn't choose one so I could show it to my non existent future boyfriend one day ahah. I didn't even choose one whilst in a long term relationship! If you showed a guy an engagement ring you liked before he spoke about it first or you hadn't been together long, he'd run for the hills because it does look like you're really eager about marriage and to get settled down already.

• That sounds a tad too eager... it scares guys off.

• Ya it's weird. Not just that it seems like you're desperate to get married, but I also think it's a bit demanding to ask him to get this one particular ring, why not let him decide

• No. If you like the ring then buy it, you don't need a boyfriend to have it.

• haha I love looking at jewelry, even without a boyfriend. I've shown him rings I like, both in stores and online. It never scared him because he knows I do not want to get married, I just really like jewelry :)

• I think this will be kinda uneasy for guys, honey :\

• It is way too soon if you have no man.