Would a ring on the ring finger put you off?

Guys-if you saw a girl wearing a ring with diamonds on her ring finger would that put you off? Would you assume she's engaged? I'm nearly 18 btw so would guys think I'd be too young to be engaged or would they still think I could be engaged? It's just because I have a ring that is special to me and I always wear it on the ring finger so I'm just wandering if that would put guys off approaching me?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm at the age where when I see an attractive woman one of the first things I do is look at her left ring finger. It's a clear and simple way to know the woman is off limits. Now when I was younger, I didn't look so much to see if she was wearing a ring, but if I noticed one then I'd assume she was with someone in some respect. Maybe not an engagement ring, but maybe a promise ring. Unless the girl looked like she was 13 or something age wouldn't have factored much into my thoughts because I have a horrible time trying to guess a woman's age just by looking. So while she might look young that wouldn't rule out that she wasn't older or vice-versa.

What Guys Said 2

• If I see I ring on a womans ring finger, diamond or not, I look the other way. Your age wouldn't matter to me in this at all. Not that I would ever approach someone your age in this way, but assuming I were younger, which, of course, I once was. If I were you, I'd wear it on the opposite hand.

• Since a ring on the left index finger is a common social symbol indicating "taken" status, yeah, I would respect that and avoid flirting or otherwise trying to get to know a girl unless I had some other non-dating reason to interact with her. Wear it on the other hand or at least on a different finger, because a lot of guys will think it means engaged, married, or otherwise taken.

What Girls Said 4

• i doubt it. I wear quite a bit of bling myself and guys aren't turned off at all. if you're outgoing and happy in general, guys approach you more regardless of ring or no ring I believe, speaking from direct experience. and no I've never been engaged.

• It should put people off since it tells them you have someone, but it doesn't put everyone off. I had a guy try to pick me up when I was with my son. I wanted to throw up on him. Hello dude what is your problem!

• Good question, I always wear a ring on the ring finger and I've never thought that it might put people off. I'd think guys wouldn't notice and if they did they'd probs think you're too young. I don't know maybe I'm totally wrong lol.

• Methinks your totally wrong on this one. Think of all the opportunities that may have passed! lol

• Loll oops my bad. And I thought I was always right haha. I honestly, didn't think it might put guys off. I never even thought about it. The ring doesn't even mean anything to me, I just always wear it on the finger for some reason.

• *that finger, lol

• i do this too and it totally put this guy I liked off :(