My boyfriend said "wife" ?

First I will say that my boyfriend is the kind of guy that likes to mess around and joke a lot and likes to make witty comments all the time. But we were sitting on his bed and he wanted me to make him something to eat and I always like to give him a hard time about it so I told him "you make your own food!" (messing around with him but still half serious) and then he says "but its a wiiiffee... thing to cook!" he kind of drew out the word wife and the tone he said it was like he was thinking that it wasn't the proper word to use or that he felt like he shouldn't have said wife. We've been dating for 7 months so obviously we're not at the point in our relationship for us to know if we want to spend the rest of our lives together...I just find it really weird or funny that he said wife because that's the first time he's said it in that way or in that context if you know what I mean. Any ideas why he said it like that? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because his brain yelled "OH SHIT" half way through the word coming out of his mouth and he could find no way to abort the word...

What Guys Said 3

• It seems that he's just being funny, and it means also that he's looking up with you for the long term.

• Just ask him

• Well he's basically saying I think you could be his wifey so you need to learn now kinda thing.

I'm joking with that sentence above. In all honesty it could mean nothing, it could mean something but the best thing you could do is ask him straight out what he meant by it.

What Girls Said 1

• It must be that he already thinks of you that way so it slipped.