Do I have to get a present for my friend's bridal shower and wedding?

My friend is getting married June 29th and she's having her bridal shower May 19th. So for the bridal shower, I got her a gift from her wedding registry. Do I have to give her money also on her wedding?

I've never been to a bridal shower before. This is my first one. I don't have a job right now. So I'm not sure if I can do two presents. The bridal shower gift I got was $65. Now I'll probably have to give her $100 also. Then I'm going to another wedding 6 days later. But just going to the wedding and I'll be giving another $100 plus money for the hotel we'll be staying in.

Ugh! I hope I never get picked to be in a wedding. That will be so expensive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being in a wedding is a total wallet-f***. Unfortunately, it's social expected to get someone a gift for a bridal shower AND the wedding. That being said, they don't have to both be really expensive presents. Tone down the wedding present to like $30-$40.

• I'll do that then. I'll just give her like $40.

• I tend to agree with this but if it's an open bar wedding I'll simply recoup my cost of attendance and drink myself sociably stupid.

• I don't drink much.

What Guys Said 2

• Give her that gift and the money.

• Better start looking for that job, eh?

• I am. But it's tough right now. All I have right now is my pet sitting which is the big season right now that everyone goes away and they all want me to pet sit. I've got all these events coming up. May 19th: bridal shower, May 25th: birthday party to go zip lining, June 29th: wedding, July 4th another wedding which is in Rhode Island so I have to get a hotel for 3 days. Then pet sitting the day after the July 4th wedding.

• maybe you shouldn't have said yes to every single one of them

• Well the zip lining I heard from first, then my friend's wedding which I've been friends with for 8 years and then the other wedding is my boyfriend's best friend and my boyfriend is in the wedding. So I have to go.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, custom dictates that you get a small gift for the bridal shower and a larger one for the wedding. Weddings are expensive all around...