Would you consider this a real engagment

so my boyfriend was going out with this girl for 8 months and three months into the relationship he asked her to marry him. well he was 18 at the time and this girl was his first girlfriend ever and they were just laying in bed and he goes will you marry me and she saud yes and there was no ring and it was in there bed. he never go her a ring. then they told everyone they were engaged to each other. would you consider that an real engagement

Most Helpful Guy

• She was his first girlfriend, he didn't know how to keep the relationship going, so he proposed. He clearly didn't want to marry her, or he would have. He only proposed out of fear of losing her and ending up alone. A lot of guys make that mistake with their first girlfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• It's not engagement at all.

• No, that's just kids playing at serious relationships, and making a hash of things.

What Girls Said 2

• I think whether or not it was a real engagement you shouldn't be worried, it is understandable to be jealous, but remember that he was 18, and they obviously broke up for a reason. The point is that he is with you now, not her. You could even take it as a positive as it shows that he is open to the idea of engagement and marriage.

• If both of them considered that an engagement then I guess so

• Idk about th ex girlfriend but now my boyfriend said at the time he did but now looking back he doesn't consider it now an engagment and he didn't know what he was doing but I am still jealouse he was engaged before