Marriage Counseling questions..

Will it be required to disclose even more details of an affair so that the faithful partner will know everything?

Another Question; Like will it be expected to tell about how much money was spent during the affair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Like the guys said, it's not a court of law; you don't have to say anything you don't want to. It's a counseling session, not an inquisition (though it may feel like it because you're at fault).

As a word of advice though, just because you have the right to not say what you don't want to, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it. Keeping things in and hiding things from your partner won't let the relationship heal and grow. You have to be completely honest for the counseling to work.

• I do understand. My wife is so particular about money, that she would be more mad at how much I spent during this affair than she would about the affair itself... I just as soon leave that part as vague as possible.. Plus I really don't know how much being I did not keep count.. Thanks for your reply.

• Sure no problem. Ultimately, it's up to you what you decide to say.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• You don't have to say anything you don't want to say - this isn't a court of law - but hiding the truth isn't going to do much to build the trust back.

• I'll keep that in mind and try and be selective as to not hinder this slim chance at reconciliation.

• You don't have to disclose everything. You have right to hide some things as well.

• Eventually, if you're both seeing the same counsellor, and not an individual therapist.