My boyfriend and I were dating for 9 months. We were about to buy a house and he was even going to propose to me. Then out of the blue he said he couldn't do it anymore and moved out. He told me that he wasn't ready and needed time so I gave him that but I found out he's been partying every night and has even possibly slept with someone else. When he calls( which was only twice) he seemed so cold to me. Now I found out he is moving into a spare room with a friend of mine. I want to have hope he will remember what we had because there had to be something real there which is why he wanted to marry me and why things moved so fast ( which was all HIS idea) but he is drifting further and further away from me. I know he is young ( 24) but he always had such a well rounded head on his shoulder and I don't know who this person is he became. I have been giving him his space but he won't contact me, it's been almost 3 weeks. If a guy gets scared of commitment like he did, is there hope he will remember how good it was and come back? His friends all tell me to move on but I am having a real hard time doing that, I don't want to let go, I want to believe in what we had. He's never been the sleep around guy, he is actually a stand up guy but he's not thinking right now so is there hope?

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds to me like he's not really interested in you anymore, let him know how you're feeling and if he doesn't seem interested I would move on with your life.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. Just to put a little perspective on the situation could you imagine if he pulled a stunt like that after a wedding and a home purchase? At the very least be thankful he had the decency to break it off before meeting you at the alter.

9 months isn't that long and neither is 3 weeks. I think if HIS friends are telling you to move on you should probably take their advice. Just because something was "good" doesn't mean he'll come back. Living at home with my mom was "good" but I won't ever move back home (unless there are unforeseen circumstances, of course)! See what I'm saying? I don't have many answers for you other than pamper yourself, drink a bottle of wine, burn a couple of his tee shirts or whatever, hang out with your girlfriends- all those things won't make him come back, but it will help heal your heart. Best of luck.