In response to PLC's "gay marriage" question

link

It will slowly, but surely, become legal in all states. The north is very accepting of it, especially states like Mass. while the deep south hates it as they are very religious..

link

What do you think about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that if two people love each other, and if they want to get married, then no one should say they can't. Whether gay or straight, love is love. I find the idea of people thinking marriage should only be between a man and a woman ridiculous. Many straight couples get married for the wrong reasons like because a man gets a woman pregnant and they marry because it's the 'right' thing to do. Those marriages rarely work out because of the sense of obligation that this may cause. Not only that, but with divorce rates as high as they are, it's clear that many people aren't up to the commitment that marriage brings. I believe that two people, no matter what sex they are, should only get married if they truly want that sense of commitment and are willing to work on their marriage. Gay couples have a right to know that sense of commitment and it's wrong to say that they can't just because theirs is not a union between a man and woman.

I think same-sex marriage should be legal everywhere, especially in this country. We are supposed to be 'The Land of the Free', so our people should be free to marry if they choose to. And that means all people, gay or straight.

What Girls Said 2

• I sure hope same-sex marriage will become legal in all states! I think it'll take a while for those folks down South to come around, unfortunately. That's why I love living in Canada...we've supported gay marriage for almost 10 years now :)

I'm straight, but in my opinion, love is love. No one can tell you what you're allowed to feel or who you're allowed to love.

• We'll see about that! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right!

What Guys Said 1

• Is there a question?

• I think the South needs to get with the program. It's unfortunate that religion breeds intolerance.