Would you buy a used wedding ring instead of a new one?

Would you rather buy a previously owned ring or buy a new wedding ring?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably get a temporary one until were able to actually afford a new one. Feels like it would be something far more special that we could consider "ours" than passed down from another couple.

What Guys Said 7

• Actually, if you can find an old diamond - 50+ years old - the color and clarify of a lot of the old diamonds are vastly superior to what is available today. The stuff at the jewelry stores in the malls is crap, if someone takes the time to find an old diamond for you then 1) they are thoughtful for taking the time and 2) they are more intelligent than the average bear.

Besides, wouldn't you be honored to wear a ring that had been worn by some lady that had a 50 year successful marriage?

• maybe some vintage or antique classic thing but not just any old used ring. it would have to be particularly nice and special

• Well it would quite likely be one of the rings that has been passed down in my family for generations, so I guess I'd take the used one. But if not, then I would rather buy a new one.

• I would probably be the type to go shopping for a new one. :-P

• I personally would rather buy a new one. I wouldn't want to give my future wife a ring that someone else wore already...unless it's like a family heirloom.

• Did you know...the ring finger, is the only finger with a VEIN that leads directly to the heart?

• No. I'd buy new. But my mother keeps saying that she wants me to give my future fiancee one of her family heirlooms.

What Girls Said 5

• No, I would want a new one unless it was an heirloom, passed down or something, that would be kinda nice.

• Im willing to accept anything he wanted to give me, used or not

• No no no, I would never wear an used ring

• Some men would

• If the ring was of sentimental value i.e had been in the family for years or something I would like that but if not it would need to be a new one