I need a good excuse....

I have been slacking a bit in school and now that semester is over; I feel my work is gonna be very last minute put together and so on. What is a good sympathizing story I can tell some professors of why I have been a bit off track lately and that I'm really sorry I didn't do my best?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hardly anything you can say. Professors already think that students are lazy as it is,and students feel professors are too strict. What you can do is clearly put an effort in your work that is noticeable. The only way your getting your slack cut, is you have a doctors excuse or something similar. But either way it's unprofessional to propose lying, not that you were or would, but it almost never works.

What Guys Said 1

• As a post-secondary instructor, I have heard all of the excuses and I'm sure your professor has too. It is clear that you are the author of your own demise and no sympathy will be forthcoming.

My regular beginning of semester speech to my students goes something like this. I never fail a student; however there are those among you who will fail themselves.

What Girls Said 1

• unless you have a doctors note or death certificate no excuse will work.