Are colorful wedding dresses a yes or a no-no?

Do you like the look of colorful wedding dresses or do you prefer the traditional white dress? Would you ever have a color other than white for you dress?

Some examples:

Colorful dresses:

link

link

link

Traditional White:

link

link

link

Which do you think looks better?

• Yes! I love colorful wedding dresses
  • No, I prefer white wedding dresses
  • I don't care/see results

Most Helpful Girl

• I picked "c" because it's not my choice. It's the bride's choice.

She should wear what feels right to her.

I see nothing wrong with a colorful dress. It's the norm in some cultures.

Vera Vang has had quite a few colored dresses. link

link

So have other designers.

I think there is nothing wrong with the concept.

link

I personally applaud anyone who is bold enough to wear one while it's considered untraditional in their culture.

I don't know if I would personally wear a colored dress.

Maybe a pastel pink. I truly don't know. That's even if I get married. :P It's too early for me to say. n_n

What Guys Said 10

• I think white dresses with a bit of color look the best. It's still obviously a wedding dress, but the color adds personality.

link

link

• Well the white dress tradition isn't that old but it's very firmly entrenched.

I'm married, wife wore white. I think I would have voted against non-white.

If its a second wedding, that would be different.

If the brides heritage is not European and she is wearing a dress from her culture, that culture's rules apply.

The formality of the wedding makes a difference. People treat the big dress and tuxedo like a costume when traditionally, if the groom was in a tux every other man would have been too, etc. if its a less formal wedding she could wear a simpler pale dress and him a nice suit.

• I prefer the classic white dress, the colorful dresses are for the bridesmaids. 8-)

• Personally I think it depends on the person and the couple who are getting married. I am right down the middle on it.

• Light pink and light blue are acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Deep red is a little dramatic.

• The white ones look better suited for the occasion.

• I liked the second color one you linked. Pretty neutral to it, whatever she wants to wear.

• no!

classic white

• It's a no-no. I love the traditional white better.

• As long as it looks good on her I don't care what color it is. That first red dress looks pretty awesome I would love to see my future wife walk down the isle in that.

What Girls Said 41

• Nah I like white wedding dresses. I'm a bit traditional in some ways so a white wedding dress just looks more "weddding-ish" for me.

• Definitely a fan of white wedding dresses.

The palest of pink is OK but besides that, I'm not a fan of colorful wedding dresses.

I think Indian brides are the most beautiful brides though :) traditional Hindu weddings are so spectacular, intricate, I would always stare at the pictures in books with awe

• I guess it just depends on the women and what her

taste is, I mean those white dresses are pretty. But,

I really like the first link of the red one, there's something

about it I like. It's pretty and different and I like different.

• I chose colorful but when I looked at the colored dresses, they just look like prom dresses! I remember seeing a wedding with the bride in red and thought it was strange so I'd say white weddings are best. I initially thought you meant the guests and decor be colorful!

• Remember this when it comes to a wedding...

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

Within those words I don't here any specific guidance on the color of your dress. So feel free to get any color dress you want. Whether it's any color from white all the way to dare I say blue?!?!?

(I would preferably go with white, unless the color I choose looks amazing on me, ans that pretty much narrows it down to yellow, black, and gray. So I think I'll stick to white.)

• Wedding Day is a bride's special day. In that situation there really isn't a "right" or "wrong", its about what the bride wants. In terms of preferences and differences we all have them. I would prefer to wear White which is what I will be wearing come December. That's my choice. I can't speak on behalf of the brides who choose to do the same or choose otherwise. This is "their" day, so whatever their choices are, in their eyes its right.

• I think colored wedding dresses look tacky.

Off white looks nice though - I'd wear one like that cos I'd feel weird wearing white when I'm not a virgin link link link link

• I prefer white wedding dresses and the bridesmaids to reflect the colors. Weirdly enough the first color link was the color the bridesmaids were going to wear!

• I personally want something with some color. Ever since Gwen Stefani and her pink one. Dreamed of something with silver or blue, maybe pink. Just get some color in there.

• Colorful so long as it's muted

• I love all of them! link link

• I like white. The other ones would look like fancy prom or sweet 16/quinceanera dresses if you weren't told that they were wedding gowns before you look at them. You don't always have to follow traditions, but everyone thinks "white" when they think of wedding dresses. If people look at my wedding photos or even go to my wedding, I want to look like a bride.

• I think colorful wedding gowns are kind of tacky, but there's nothing wrong with a little color in your dress.

• Personally, I prefer white or ivory. I look pretty bad in white (a typical trait of people with warm skin tones) so I would get an ivory dress.

I just don't think that a colorful wedding dress looks like a wedding dress. They look like prom dresses. Especially the bright red one, it doesn't look like a wedding dress at all. However, I am a fan of the ones that are white and then they have a colored sash or something with just a bit of color. But the dresses that are fully colorful are probably best for second weddings rather than first weddings.

• White is probably best, although I admit those colored dresses are very pretty. I think it depends on the wedding itself, if it had a theme of some sort it might be okay to use some color. I think the red one is too dramatic for a wedding, but maybe something like what Couter said, with a pop of color. I think it would be cute if you and your husband-to-be wore a pop of color. Like a red tie and a red wrap around the dress would be OK.

• For me, white is traditional and preferable. If I had another color wedding dress then I would feel like it would just be another prom dress. White for me would be special, and feel more "real" than color.

• I definitely prefer the traditional white dress... Anything else just screams "high school prom" to me, you know?

• When you noted colorful I thought of screaming colors, lol. But I like the colors in the example! Though white does has a certain extra standout factor.

• I've seen a bride with a wedding dress as red as the one you showed us ! only it had this shape : link

she was outstanding ! and her husband had the same color on his tie . . etc . . !

they looked different! :) it was cool :)

• I LOVE that red dress in your first link. I'd prefer it to be a little lighter though - like maybe cream-colored or ivory instead of read though.

• I love color wedding dresses . we are to programa by movies with there white wedding dress and then copy on what we saw as a young child. Why not make your own fairy dale and express yourself on your big day instead of white there is no dame wow she amazing instead she wearing white 3rd white wedding this year lol . By wearing white it ment to mean you are a vergin .

• I look horrible in white, so I probably would opt for an ivory, pastel, or one of those brights. xD

• I wish I could pick both because I love both decisions. I did choose B, but I did it will be nice if you mix both together. Have the dress colorful, but have some white in it.

• I like traditional white gowns.

• No just no white of course.

• Interesting. I would go clear: )

• No

The most I'd personally venture out towards is a champagne , pearl or ivory color

• i like them but I wouldn't wear them , I like traditional things

• i still prefer white wedding dress

• non I like it with long arm

• More from Girls
    11