Why have pre-marital sex?

Why is people in the new society have sex before marriage? Why do people start having sex at such a young age? This boggles my mind, because people will call themselves religious while they still having sex before marriage which is a huge sin.

I've been doing some thinking and have decided that sex is not sacred, its the fact that it produces life that is. Before there was contraception sex was looked up on as holy because it had the ability to create a child, but now we do have preventives. So really when you look at it, having a child is sacred not sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well there are a lot of sins, really... I mean, wearing mixed fibers, eating certain foods, knowing certain people, being certain people. I think that society has realized that religion doesn't dictate our world, or at least it shouldn't. So here in America at least we try our best to keep religion out of our policies.

No sex before marriage is a religious thing, not a basic moral thing. I know wonderful people, the best people in the world, who have sex all the time and they're not married. I also know sexually active ass holes. I know virgins who are kind and caring and just the nicest most wonderful people. And I know some that are bitches. Sex doesn't determine what you're personality is or whether or not you're a good person.

I'm sexually active but I do at least 10 hours of community service every week, I'm a special education teacher, I've been in Americorps, I donate blood every three months, I donate my time, money and possessions to people and things that need them more than I do. I'm also happy and kind and loving and caring and positive and a good influence for my friends and I encourage them to be their best. My sexual choices have nothing to do with morality.

However I do think that Hollywood is f***ing things up (no pun intended). The way they regulate sex and the way they require it to be portrayed makes women and men alike feel worthless. It makes sex seem wrong, it encourages people to be ashamed and it makes women feel like they shouldn't have any pleasure, like it's wrong, or like they need to meet some kind of stupid ideal. It makes men feel like they'll never be good looking enough, give enough pleasure, provide enough love, be a good lover or person, never meet the ideal.

I don't think that banning sex entirely will eradicate this problem, I think bringing it out into the open and having full, comprehensive discussions and education and encouraging a more open attitude about it all would allow us to be safe, healthier, less ashamed and better informed and let us continue to grow as a society and become better as a people.

• No if any thing media publicizes sex as if it is the greatest thing on Earth, but the downfall to it is molestation, rape, adultery, adultery, p*rnography, solicitation, teen pregnancy, homosexuality, & STDs. These sins are contribute to sex which equal lust and lust is a sin itself. It is not a good thing that children are being expose to this if anything they need to know the damages that sex can have on life before they learn about the positive aspects of it. & in terms of the positive aspect

• I'm not arguing with ignorance because what you just said was not true.

• I like your answer because it discusses so many things, thanks for your input! I'm giving you BA because I think everyone should at least think about it in this way.

What Girls Said 7

• After you hit puberty, your hormones go crazy and cause you to desire sex. This is completely normal.

In the past, people got married at a much younger age, so this wasn't much of an issue. But today, people post-pone marriage much later (and to note, people are also hitting puberty at younger ages).

Effective birth control also increases people's willingness to have sex outside of marriage. When sex is likely to result in a baby, it makes a lot more sense to limit sex to within a marriage. An increase in reproductive control makes waiting until you're married less necessary.

There are people who aren't religious, there are also people who interpret their holy book (or rationalize their behavior ) in a way that they don't believe premarital sex is a sin, and the vast majority of religious people pick and choose what aspects of their holy text they adhere to anyway. Further, even if you do believe its a sin, everyone "sins", so you're going to have people who have sex, but feel incredibly guilty about it afterward.

• a huge sin is getting married and not working out so getting divorced,sex is not a sin,its over indulging in anything that is not a sin but can be dangerous to your health..i doubt that our GOD is as critical about things as we are,HE knows what humans do..so its not a surprise that humans are intimate..as long as you are not adulterating

• Sin is Sin rather small or BIG!

but, this is the fad that society has allowed to take place...when homosexuality was in the closet (?) less expression of OPEN MINDED sexual affair didn't exist. Yes sex was on the go, but because Law allowed MORE Freedom, it allow the weak to say... 'WE ALL SHOULD HAVE AN OPEN MIND AND LET THE KIDS CHOSE WHAT THEY WANT TO BE OR ACT LIKE...

That destroyed Values and God true purpose in our individual lives ...So now we have it! SEX in CHURCH! SEX in CLUB! SEX in STREET! SEX in CARS! SEX Abusers! SEX AFFENDERS (spelling) SEX OLINE! SEX-A-TEXT...and the list GO on and on!

• This is just the type of world we live in. People are going to want to do whatever they want to do because they feel like it. But just because something feels good doesn't mean that it is good. Sex is suppose to be between a man and a woman, but people still want to support gay rights. Also sex is suppose to be within marriage, but people say they can't wait & they got to have it. What's rushing them is the pressure of society. By showing p*rn and sex books to the public it's making people feel more aroused & curious about sex & makes them feel that waiting til marriage is senseless. Also pressure in the relationships couples feel that sex should be apart of the relationship.

So you can't change people & their ways, but what you can do is pray that you don't fall into the boat that most people are doing.

• Probably because I can't wait 30 years

• I'm not bound by religious restrictions, so I don't see sex before marriage as any different than sex after marriage.

To each his own, but I can't imagine promising to spend my LIFE with someone without sleeping with them (and living with them) first. THAT boggles my mind, that someone has no idea what kind of physical chemistry they have with the person they're promising to be with forever. That makes no sense to me. It'd be like buying a car without driving it first. Sex, whether people like to admit it or not, is a very important part of a relationship. When that doesn't work, the relationship usually doesn't work. I don't want to wait until AFTER marriage to realize I committed to someone who has no chemistry with me. I don't mean to sleep with everyone or anything, but waiting until marriage just isn't practical.

That's just me.

• Sex is not the answer to having a long lasting relationship, commitment is the answer. People have sex in the relationship & still don't work out. They still can't find commitment with each other. To me a relationship can do without sex because if you depend so much on sex to work out the problems in your relationship you're not learning anything from it. In a relationship you are suppose to grow and become a better person. You are not becoming a better person by relying so much on sex.

• The Bible stays the same? think again,humans have been translating the bible for thousands of years,hence all the different beliefs.

• Oh come on you can't be that stupid to believe that the Christian faith schismed because of different understanding of the bible. The Christian faith was only mutilated do the corruptness in the papacy. The greed for power ruined a beautiful religion.

• They want instant gratification.

What Guys Said 4

• Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk but real straight talk about souls, for life is holy and every moment is precious. from Jack Kerouac, On the Road 1957

I think sex is being used more like a drug. Sin, if it exists at all in their estimation, is never considered.

• Just thinking about having sex is just as big a sin.

• People love to discover things.

• Society moral values have been declining for centuries