What kinds of qualities would you say is "wife material"?

I hear all about girls' standards for their future husbands, but what do guys look for in their future wives?

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion and philosophical beliefs are kind of a big deal when it comes down to anything as serious as marriage. I also want to know how your beliefs were shaped as you grew up.

I guess a more specific question I would ask is, "If I were on my deathbed or in a coma, is this someone I would trust to make life-and-death decisions for me?"

If I can't answer that question then I can't yet view you as "wife material"

Other than that, there aren't any specific qualities that matter. You could be the worst cook in the world, or you could be the best cook. You could be good with kids, or not have a clue how to deal with kids. You could be career-minded or prefer housekeeping.

I would however want a wife who has a certain level of flexibility, and is willing to adapt to different situations. For instance, she should be willing to put her career aside to raise a family if need be, but she should also be willing to work if extra income is needed. She should be serious about doing whatever it takes to make the marriage work. Attitude is more important than abilities.

What Guys Said 10

• doesn't want to get married, educated, intelligent, hard-working, good spending habits, good saving habits, financially productive (earns $80,000+ per year), excellent at communication and understanding the other person, sexually uninhibited and doesn't subscribe to the mass media archetype of what a woman "should" be (i.e., "slut" is a bad word, etc.), physically attractive, sexually attractive, hypersexual, dresses well, easy to get along with, doesn't just think about herself, thinks about her guy as much as she thinks about herself, has no problem hiring other people to clean the home and take care of the children, doesn't make excuses, takes responsibility for her actions and is accountable for her mistakes, appreciates and respects what is really important to her guy as a man (as opposed to what she thinks is important to him from watching TV, listening to her mother or friends, or reading Cosmo), emotionally stable.

• emotionally stable.

wants kids.

not overly critical.

extremely romantic

a little bit clingy.

non smoker.

lives healthy lifestyle.

accepts my hobbies even if she doesn't understand them.

doesn't leave issues unresolved.

Understands compromise is not me giving her everything she wants.

Responsible with money, but does enjoy splurging from time to time.

Likes to try new things.

healthy sex drive.

• ehh I don't know I pretty much would marry a girl I'd date, pretty, fun to be with, spontaneous, money isn't a big deal to me so that wouldn't matter, but she can't be a girlie girl, I want a girl who can at least deal with the country in me XP and yeah that's about it I guess faithful because that's the only problem I've had with my old gf's

• Someone who is capable of being an individual but still likes doing things together. Competence. Someone who understands how to finance their life. Humility. Good morals. Understanding. Loving. Flexible in their every day life. Not overly critical.

But the most important thing, by far, is quality communication. Completely impossible to raise a healthy family if you both aren't on the same page.

• -Compatibility, as in we have to be the perfect match. When we have problems I'd expect us to get over them asap with no lingering feelings against each other. Basically there would have to be little to no personality clash

-Happy with her self, I think to love someone you must first learn to love yourself.

-Emotionally stable

I answered another question asking what would be expected for a future girlfriend, the wife list would have all these things on it and the 3 above :B

link

• Pretty much everything that maiez listed. Just wanted to add "faithfulness" to the list.

• Independent, emotionally stable, open minded, critical thinker, open to compromise.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

• good shape, care in her looks, supportive, caring, nurturing, home-oriented, submissive, helping, cooking skills (and is proud of it), loyal, appreciative.

• good cook

good with kids

good in bed

good person

• pretty, sociable, happy, stable (financially and emotionally), healthy, funny.

What Girls Said 3

• someone who would be a good mother, guys say they don't want to marry a girl who has slept with a lot of men (I know, people will probably downvote this), someone faithful, someone they think they can keep/is on a similar level (education, socially, physically) because this is more comfortable in the long run, faithful, not too domineering or manly, someone who has a soft side, good cook

• looks, faithful, and honest.

• someone who is respectful. (but not in bed)