Guys, what qualities would you want in a girlfriend but not in a wife and vice-versa?

Just wondering what qualities would you want your girlfriend/boyfriend to have but wouldn't want in a wife/husband. By qualities I mean habits, personality, nature

Most Helpful Guy

• I only date "wife material".

Say if I get a girl pregnant by mistake, I'd like to be able to say "well, a little bit sooner than planned, but let's go for it". Can't imagine dating someone just for laughs.

What Guys Said 5

• The ability to love, not judge, accept, have fun, forgive, laugh, be a fool, grow together, have expectations in check ect. Especially while young

• Any girl that will take me. LOL

• same standards for both but what makes a girlfriend wife material is how many men she slept with

• I don't want anyone I can't see myself with long term.

• i would expect everything in a wife that I would expect in a girlfriend, but for me to marry someone, there are more factors involved:

- she has to be financially responsible

- she has to be physically healthy

What Girls Said 2

• I would say that I look for the same thing in a boyfriend/husband because I would only make someone my boyfriend if I could consider them being a husband. I think "Serious" vs. "Casual" dating would be more appropriate.

Serious - Stability, humor, same lifestyle, same morals, ambition, good to mother, faithful.

Casual - Fun and a reasonable amount of attractiveness.

• The girlfriend bit is like the prerequisite to find out if you are wife material. To me that means the list of qualities to be a good girlfriend, is the same list as to be a good wife, although there are probably some extra items to make it to the wife list.