Can gays and lesbians save the institution of marriage?

So the question is - can gays and lesbians help save marriage?

By bucking outdated gender norms, becoming de facto activists just by entering into marriages with their partners, and re-writing the rules of those marriages ?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. They're still people. They're not God's gift to heterosexuals on how their relationships should be. Nothing will be rewritten and I think bucking gender norms is kind of why marriage has started falling apart in the first place. I'm not saying that's good or bad by the way.

They deal with the same relationship problems everyone else does. Some will get married and be together for the rest of their lives. Some will go through bitter divorces. Some will get married 3 or 4 times. Some won't want to get married at all because of the things I just mentioned. No different than heteros.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, sure. That's about as likely as rappers saving the institution of music.

• You're on "Answerology.com" cause I saw your profile on that website. lol and no I don't think they can save it.

Do you mind answering this question for me? link

• No, they can't save it. The majority of the world's population is against it.

• The only thing that can save marriage is getting the government out of it.

What Girls Said 5

• What´s there to save? Marriage is a legal contract. Only recently have people made up that it's about love, but the legal benefits of marriage suggest otherwise. Anyway, unless you prevent people from getting married when they haven't lived together for a long time, no one can "save" it.

• I think they give a chance to change and be better, like to study what's going on with marriages like to evaluate our partners and ourselves.

• Not really but that would be cool. I don't really believe in taking his last name, gays don't believe in that either I don't think.

• I don't think so.

• Unless they adopt they can't can't have kids. And no offence sometimes kids creat chaos and messy child custody cases so perhaps.