Wedding this Saturday. What should my boyfriend wear?

He's going as my guest. The wedding is at an Inn. So the wedding will be both indoors and out. It's gonna be very hot on Saturday, so would it be OK if my boyfriend wears club attire? Like nice black pants and a nice short sleeve button up shirt? He doesn't want to wear a suit because he'll be sweating. I asked the bride if it was OK and she said it's fine. But is this something that's OK to wear?

I mean do other guys do the same thing? Is that normal for a summer wedding? I don't want him to feel like he's the only one wearing that.
This is the only type of suit he owns: link

Not gonna buy or rent another one because he already rented one for his friends wedding that he's going to be in on July 4th.

Most Helpful Girl

• if the bride says she's fine with it then I think its OK. most guys will take off their jackets or something.

What Guys Said 2

• It really depends on the formality of the wedding. Unless told otherwise, I'd probably be wearing at least a jacket and tie, though perhaps not a suit if it was a 'fairly informal' wedding.

Black pants on their own are actually not the most appropriate thing (black is more for evenings then daytime, even when formal).

If he's wearing a shirt and trousers with no jacket/tie, I'd suggest grey or khaki pants, and a white or light blue long sleeve shirt. If he needs more formality then that, he needs to get himself a blue blazer.

I've never seen one in person, but if he is looking for one (I know he's not :p ) I'm told the Anderson Little blue blazer looks much better then the cost would suggest and is pretty durable (its a blended fabric). Its 180 with shipping.

• If the bride says its fine then its fine. Simple as that.

• I mean do other guys do the same thing? Is that normal for a summer wedding? I don't want him to feel like he's the only one wearing that.

• Well I was at a summer just under a month ago, it was mid 20's (C) and I wore a kilt with full dress, suit jacket and everything.

I was an usher so I did have to make a special effort but from what I saw more or less all the men were either in a kilt or a suit.

What Girls Said 3

• what you said was really good, even more if the bride likes it

• Black suit and tie

• Not appropriate even for a formal daytime wedding. Its not a funeral. Or a nightclub.

• Yep, because a person should know all dress codes for everything -_-

• yeah, he should wear that, if the bride would be happy about it then its ok