Do guys have a lot more to lose out of a marriage than a woman

Like if they get divorced then the guy has to pay for everything such as child support the paper singing and all that stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• in most cases yea. Way more unless the woman has more assets.

even then courts would likely side with women

What Girls Said 7

• as far as paying alimony goes-it's retarded and I support pre-nups for that. BUT,child support is necessary,it's not like the mother doesn't spend money on raising a child,you can't have a kid and think you have a right to simply hang out with it without actually taking care of it

• Yes, most men do get screwed over.. like my fiance'. He lost everything in his divorce and still had to pay for the actual divorce. He now pays child support for two children, and she doesn't even spend it on the(according to the kids and her fb posts). Guys, believe it or not there are still some decent women out there! But all these crazy bitches ruin it for us, me and my fiance' had some serious issues at first with him not trusting me, but we've come along way and everyything is GREAT now! (: But in divorces the man gets screwed 9 times out of 10 :( sorry guys! SOme women are heartless devils! The only way I would EVER screw a man over in a divorce is if he cheated on me or something.. lol

• It's not always the guy - it's whoever makes more money.

• yes, moeny and kids.

• nope, I would say it is even

• The person with more money gets screwed over, so there have been women that have gotten their sh*t taken away as well. Way to generalize. And if its his child, obviously he has to cough up the dough. And then there's people that actually don't take anything into account and go their own way

• You do realize that women are paying for the child they are taking care of, too?

Most couples I know who divorced split the cost, unless infidelity was involved.

I could use this kind of thinking to argue that women have more to lose, since a lot of guys go batsh*t and murder them during marital turmoil. Statistically, a woman is far more likely to be killed by her husband than vice versa.

It just depends on the kind of person you marry. If you marry someone who is aggressive, cruel and mean ... then yeah, they will try to f*** you over during a divorce. Sometimes good people get sucked in by bad ones. It's unfortunate, but it can't be narrowed down to either sex.

What Guys Said 7

• The person with more stuff gets screwed.

So men tend to get screwed because most women won't go near guys who make less than them. There are some cases where the women makes more but sometimes guys will even be put off by women who make more out of ego issues. But most guys struggle getting dates in their later years because of women desiring a guy with money even though they won't admit it. There are some cases where the woman have gotten screwed over but so many more cases where the man has.

Getting married in this day and age is basically turning into men being pressured for "love" by women demanding $28,000 ceremonies and free will to run off with a man's assets. If that is what a "woman" requires to feel loved than I will go find someone else who knows what real love is.

• yes. the laws are skewed for men to lose far more than they should currently.

• Yeah, the Western divorce court is a misandric institution, indeed. Please don't get married, gentlemen. Don't walk into that minefield.

• Yes definitely.

Interesting stat. In the US, in 92% of alimony cases, the woman receives the alimony (even though in 40% of marriages, the woman earns more than the man). That's not even considering child support, and splitting the assets. So in probably close to 100% of cases it's the man who gets screwed over by divorce even if it isn't his fault (of course, many states don't recognize the concept of 'fault' anymore anyway).

All I can say to men is: don't do it!

Of course have long-term committed relationships. But unless your girlfriend is much richer than you, there's no good reason to sign that government certificate of marriage.

• Yes, most guys get screwed over because the laws in the US with respect to divorce and parental rights favor women BIG time.

• Your claim is exaggerated. It may have been the way you describe 10 or 20 and more years ago.

Concerning alimony, the law changed a lot, I read: link It seems skewed in favor of men, now. Average men's salaries are higher than women's salaries. Thus a divorced woman forced to fall back on a single income will be hit harder than a divorced man.

A man paying child support is normal: it's his child too.

• It would seem so, yes. Though I guess on the flip side, the woman is probably giving up more in terms of other sex opportunities especially if she's hot.