What are your thoughts on surprise weddings?

I'm curious as to the reasons why people might want a surprise wedding. I've been in a situation where I was invited to a retirement party, but then when I got there it was actually the marriage of my widowed father to his girlfriend. I know that he can do what he likes and I don't have a problem with the marriage, but I was still quite shocked and upset that someone would deceive me over what is obviously quite a sensitive issue for bereaved family. It got me wondering why people have surprise weddings at all, as I started to feel sorry for the people who were under-dressed or fashionably late because they hadn't realized. I smiled my way through the day for them but I don't think I've ever been so hurt by anything before and certainly wouldn't think of planning my own wedding that way. Thoughts? Experiences?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the wedding is a celebration that should be looked forward, not a dumb surpirse party.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I really don't like surprise weddings at all.

What Girls Said 3

• He should have at least told you! I don't get the lure I wouldn't like it at all!

• i think they are dumb, I would not like one

• i don't like it, it I stupid