If you are in the course of hooking up with a girl but she stops to tell you she's saving herself for marriage

How would you react? Like if you didn't think she was a virgin or you didn't ask because you didn't think it was a big deal. But whatever the circumstance, you are all hormoned up and you have to cool down since she won't got much farther? How would you react at that instant, and after you thought about it more? Would you see her again or something? Or would you just tell her its not happening for you, and that you wish her the best in finding her prince charming?

Most Helpful Guy

• This actually happened to me. In the moment I was really disappointed because she was always flirting with me so I felt mislead, but I respected her decision.

What Guys Said 12

• First of all, no matter how hormoned up a guy is, if the girl stops him, he should stop. Period. That being said, I'd definitely have to put a lot of thought into it after the fact. Personally I think sex is a very important part of a long-term relationship, and it's hard to stay happy with someone if you're not sexually compatible. There's really only one way to know if that's the case. But if I really had feelings for this girl, I'd at least consider it.

• That would be awkward. I'd probably laugh it off. Tease her a bit, explain to her the reasons why that is a very silly way to take a stand in the 21st century, sexuality is a very important component in a relationship, and everybody likes it differently, sex, good sex, requires experience and lots of practice. How can you believe you could actually please the man you love if you never even tried it before?! I think it's ludicrous. I sincerily believe that the first man, or woman you have sex with will never be the last one. True story ;)

• Been there seen that. I supposed she was a virgin and indeed, she said she preferred to wait till marriage, thus I didn't insist. (I should have)

We continued a certain time but not for months. We were still in college and I didn't even think about marrying before I got my masters. (and I had a lot of doubts about marrying HER)

It just watered down between us, meeting less frequently, no big explanation, no drama.

She married many years later, so did I. Each with another one, of course.

We met again after many years (after her husband died) , by hazard and talked a lot then. The next boyfriend had insisted, so she wasn't a virgin when she met her husband.

• well hooking up means sex so if she tells you that then says she is waiting she is being a tease, playing games, and a prude. none of those I take lightly she would be dumped on the spot yeah its good and all to want to do that but if that's what I want in a relationship not waiting years for it because you do not rush marriage then I'm not doing it. I want to live life with that aspect in it. women like that are not worth dating if at the last minute they play the oh I'm saving myself for marriage crap. I would leave with out saying a damn word I don't care if it was my house she could walk her ass home

• Is she saving her hymen or is she also saving her ass, her mouth, her left hand, her right hand, etc. etc.

• Depends on her. I'd probably end it for other reasons: the 'saving yourself for marriage' thing is usually a sign of a profoundly religious person, which means we wouldn't get along anyway...

link

• lol f*** that like 8 doobies to the godam face, I would be pissed I would literally stand up and leave... that would give me major blue balls id be so pissed, and no I probly wouldn't talk to her again

• I'd think she was a tease and not waste any more time talking to her. I'd never marry someone I hadn't had sex with numerous times and she'd never have sex with someone she wasn't married to. It's obviously a giant waste of everyone's time for both parties. She should look into arranged marriage or whatever and stop leading men on.

• Ouch, an arranged marriage just because she won't put out?! :o. Granted, it's bad to give guys blue balls, but there are guys who are willing to wait you know :p

• What does 'saving herself for marriage' mean?

No sex, or no getting each other off, period?

• I'm not waiting for marriage, but I am waiting. I would be like "cool, whatever" and continue on doing what I was doing. I usually just either go to 2nd or 3rd base depending on the girl. Never a home run.

• If you were making out and all the sudden said "im waiting", id be pissed, but if you've talked about it before hand, id be fine. I probably wouldn't date you, butttt I would be fine with it

• I'm saving my self or girls like you too :) I'm 17 still got along way to go

• That's good to hear someone else is like me! same age and everything

• I'm fine with that!

• Can you go , unanonymous ?

What Girls Said 3

• I think that's kind of rude

• it owuld give the guy blue balls

• they will think the girl is a tease and that she shouldn't do that