Would you give up custody of your own child?

Would you give up custody of your own child? If your new spouse ask you to do so. You on the other hand have accepted their child from a previous relationship. Even so your new spouse gives you the silent treatment for days. If you even dare to mention your child's name. When the phone rings and your child is calling. You are to ignore it completely. You were already married but, this was causing an issue in your marriage. Your spouse insisted you choose between your marriage or your child. This also happens to be an international marriage. Would you say this a controlling situation in their marriage. Could this be a truly a healthy marriage based on love. I would think if one spouse accepts your child. Then the other spouse should accept your child as a package deal also. Is this a fair marriage. Thank you for your comments before hand.

It seems that everyone pretty much agrees. That the child comes first as part of the packaged deal. Couples should take their time before they enter into marriage. Take your time. See how you feel towards previous children. From past relationships. Maybe the marriage would've never of taken place. If these viewpoints were really talked about in great depth. In the first place. Yes, this marriage was a quick courtship. The child is now happily living with the other parent. On good terms.

Most Helpful Guy

• Parent and child are a package deal.

You can't chose to be with one and not the other.

Anyone who doesn't get that, doesn't love you.

What Guys Said 6

• my child comes first. I can get another woman in my life if need be, I'm not giving up my child for NO ONE!

• i'd tell her she can take a hike. a new bride never takes the place of my child

• Nobody who truly loves you would ask you to give up your child. Drop-kick that spouse's @ss through the goal posts of hell . . . .NOW!

• My kids would come first.

• absolutely not, I wouldn't marry someone that bitchy though...

• NEVER. I don't have kids..but I promise...nothing is more important than kids.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't know, is the kid a little sociopath? Does said child like set fires and try to cut people when they are sleeping? Smear sh*t on the walls of your home on purpose? Torture animals? I mean, if the kid is dangerous, violent, and/or legitimately insane, the answer I'd have to give is a resounding HELL NO. Even if my kid was crazy as hell and did all the stuff I mentioned, I would not give her up. I don't know what the f*** I would do with her, but throwing her away isn't an option. I wouldn't be with a man who couldn't/wouldn't accept my child. And if I were with a man whose child I couldn't stand, I wouldn't be with him- I wouldn't ask him to get rid of his kid. And if I was willing to sh*tcan my daughter because my fella didn't like her, I wouldn't want to be with a man who would be okay with me doing that.

Just... NO. Did you marry a man who hates your kid? How did it even get so far as marriage? Did he hide his hatred until after the wedding?

• No, I would not give up custody of my own child.

My children come first.

• No I would not

• never, I would never do it!

• i would if I knew I had no way to keep the child happy and with everything that the kid would need, not for any other reason

• no I would never do that. it would be really stupid.

• Hell no

• My child is the most important thing in my life and early on anyone and everyone who knows me will know this. I would never consider anyone who did not treat my child with kindness. With this if they had a child I would treat their child the way I would want them to treat mine.

• I would think that you are sticking your nose into someone else's relationship. I would also think that no matter how messed up that relatinship is, it's none of your business. If you are the parent of so called child, then your only concern should be how you treat that child, you can't control the other half.