Going to his dream girl's wedding?

So my boyfriend is in the wedding party of one of his best friends who happens to be marrying my boyfriend's dream girl, the girl he wishes I was and who I look nothing like (he told me flat out his physical type - her, of which I am the exact opposite. When I first met her I didn't know their history and he told me it was "important that I like her, she's very important and special to him." A few months later I found out they used to date/have sex. It made me feel like a fool and to this day he talks of how attractive he finds her. Fast forward to the weekend, the wedding is happening. I personally don't want to go, what do I do? Plus is there even any point in staying with a guy who doesn't find me as attractive as his perfect girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, on one hand she is marrying someone that is not your boyfriend so she doesn't feel the same way that he does. Are you sure though that he still is that into her? or is your jealousy playing a role here? I have never been one to be with a man if I am his second choice and honestly you shouldn't either. I am not saying to break up that's for you to decide. Just remember though that there is a man out there that will treat you like a queen and put you and your needs first. Good luck in what you decide.

What Guys Said 2

• A guy will rarely find his girlfriend as physically attractive as his perfect girl(bar the extra attractiveness you see when you love someone) but the fact he keeps mentioning it is awkward as hell. I would probably leave, if I were you.

• That is awkward as hell.

• Adding onto this I agree with what others have said. you deserve better. I remember when I was younger I always compared girls I was with to other girls. usually in my head but sometimes I said it out loud and realized I shouldn't have said anything.

What Girls Said 4

• Any guy who belittles his girlfriend by talking about how perfect another (especially non-celebrity) girl is, is not worth any girl's time.

• Sorry but I don't think he deserves you. Do you love him? Does he love you? You have to decide what to do but in my case, with what I know, I wouldn't feel confortable being around a guy that doesn't think I'm his dream girl. Maybe you should talk to him about it.

• well he finds you attractive but I would be worried if I'm not his perfect dream body type.

• i think you could do better honey