Why does my guy friend constantly talk about not getting married?

Well this guys friend of mine, every time he is with me he says that marriage sucks big time. He is 43 years old and single. I have not dated him and I'm not really interested in marriage but somehow every time he speaks with me he says that marriage sucks. Then he teases and insults me but when I'm hanging out with other guys he gets jealous and possessive. Why the whole I don't like marriage crap?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its his "code" of saying he wants to have sex with you, but doesn't want a relationship of any kind. he's trying to ask you if you want to have a casual sexual relationship with him. or No strings attached sex.

He gets jealous when you talk to other guys because he wants your time, attention, and affection without the commitment.

What Guys Said 1

• He probably says it to everyone.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he's trying to hint that he's dtf. Following the way guys minds seem to work, that's what I would guess.

This is what I imagine:

"Hey I like flirting with this younger chick. I don't want her to get all attached to me when I finally bone her. I'd better make it obvious that I don't want to settle down, only get down. Why do these stupid chicks keep getting older on me? Damn, some younger guy is hitting on her -- I'd better mark my territory."

• what is dtf?

• down to f ... Sorry, should have used less vulgar slang!

• Guys not wanting to commit is nothing new. Guys don't think about marriage as much as women