Likelihood of marriage lasting?

Say a man and woman have dated about one year(or slightly less), then she gets pregnant, so he decides to marry her, so they have a hurried wedding, huge pregnant belly and all. What is the likelihood of this marriage lasting in this day and age? Before you ask if they are "really in love", well, they dated ONE YEAR. I would tend to think that's a little soon to know for sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think for a marriage to work, it really depends on how dedicated the partners are to make the marriage work because there are so many problems that feelings can't fix. I was told by an uncle that love is really a choice because feelings will eventually fade. I believe him because he has been married for over 25 years. The dating period is mainly for the two to get to know each other better

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• A marriage like that does not have very good changes of surviving. In that case, they're only getting married for the sake of the child and not necessarily because they truly love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. This is one reason why I believe in waiting until marriage to have sex.

These days, I'm more of the opinion that compatibility is more of a general guideline than anything else. Attraction is a set of chemical reactions in the brain and is therefore involuntary. Love is a choice though.

• For most of history, people knew each other far less then a year before marrying.

If they are attracted to each other, communicate well, want similar enough things, and both stay committed to genuinely trying to please each other while being honest about what they want, they have an extremely high chance at success.

If not, dating for 10 years won't help. How someone is dating is not the same as how they are married and raising children with you.

• depends on compatibility and a lot of other things, id'e say if you got married now not very likely of lasting.

People don't show their true self that early you might marry someone you don't like.

What Girls Said 4

• Tricky. Not too sure but pregnant? I personally don't see a need for marriage but that's just me! Relationships are hard work just as is mother or fatherhood. I think it depends on the characters of the couple really!

• There is one thing I stand by though. A couple cannot last just for the kids/child. It's such a bad idea really!

• It comes down to how well they communicate with each other, compatibility, and dedication. If those things aren't in the relationship, then dating for 5 years wouldn't help.

• depends on how much work they put into their marriage. it could very well last if they try.

• I would say not very likely.