Marriage and having kids automatically means someone is mature?

A woman told me today that she is automatically more mature that I am just because she is married with children, and I'm not. She said that being married and being a mother means she's mature. Do you think marriage and having children automatically means that person is more mature than someone who is single with no children? Why or why not?

• Yes, it automatically means someone is mature.
  • No, it doesn't automatically mean someone is mature.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh hell no! anyone can have kids, Kids can have kids imho. 15 is too young to have kids but it happens.

Do you think any biological function automatically makes you mature? you know better and so do I. She may have been referring to life experience though. Having a marriage and kids does add responsibilities and life lessons you don't learn until you have kids.

• That's what I thought, but as we kept discussing it, she specified that marriage and parenthood automatically meant she was mature and because I'm neither married nor a mother, I was therefore immature.

It was a weird conversation.

• True. Thank you.

• Welcome, You'll find the same advice applies when/if you ever get pregnant. People insist on telling you the "right way" to do things even if it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard. Nod your head and go uh huh and escape lol. You seem intelligent, mature and practical, unfortunately I can't friend Anonymous so if you want to add me as a friend feel free.

What Guys Said 1

• Depends on the word mature. If your describing marriage and having children as being responsible for them and being a parent who puts her children first. Then yes. But I really think there are some people who end up getting marriage young and have kids and aren't mature to handle the responsibility of both.

• I agree with you. By the context of the question, we can understand that a woman who freely CHOOSES with conscience to have children (and not woman who had children BY CHANCE without planning them) is more mature than a woman who thinks she can't handle to take care of another new life.

What Girls Said 6

• I voted B. There are plenty of immature, irresponsible married women with children in the world. You see them everyday, everywhere... and in my area, especially at WALMART! Just because you walk like a duck and quack like a duck doesn't make you a duck. In a perfect world no one would marry and have children until they are mature enough to be responsible members of society. And personally I don't believe that any mature person would go around talking about how mature they are. This one must be a real piece of work! *L*

• No. It only means they wanted to get married and have kids. There are other things to take in consideration when saying someone is mature or not.

I know people who have kids and they have an immature behavior.

• No, it doesn't make some people automatically "mature' just because they got 'married' and have kids. Why ? some people get married because of religion or or somewhat the notion of marriage is seen as a romantic idea, planted in their heads by society or their traditional parents.

• No definitely not

• no
    and MEN prove that point 100%

• Haha that's a joke. No, being married and having kids at ANY age doesn't make you more mature