My fiance' and I have pledged to not have sex until our wedding day

First off, we have done absolutely everything you can think of in the bedroom (not trying to be graphic).

And since we have recently been engaged, and our wedding is over a year away (November of 2014) we have decided we should not have sex again until then, since we have a huge meaningful and emotional relationship with god.

What do you guys think?

I am asking because I am a bit hesitant because I am actually pretty worried how my fiancé would react to the changes, going from multiple sexual acts every week to none at all...

Thoughts?

• Keep having sex
  • Save until wedding day

Most Helpful Guy

• The wedding will have a greater symbolic significance because of abstaining from sex. Let's hope you can stand it; it's not easy to stop once you have built up so much..momentum, shall we say?

What Guys Said 7

• Of you think you can make it, go for it. But your first sex as a married couple is gonna be like 16 seconds if he's lucky lol

• If you're already having sex, stopping just seems stupid.

• It's already been done, but if it's something special between you two by all means wait it out!

• Bull shit ! Who are you fooling? If you have any relationship with God, you would not have done everything imaginable in bed. Now, this is only a matter of enjoying the wedding night after having a long break.

• so I guess you are not a Christian?

• Who's that in your avatar pic?

• if he said he was fine with it, then trust him on his word. that's part of what relationships are about anyways. this is kind of a test for the both of you. hope you both manage to pass it

What Girls Said 7

• It's a good opportunity to deepen and build up the non-sexual aspects of your relationship.

Your relationship will likely be stronger for the experience.

• You've already had sex so not much of a difference. If you last more than a year you'll be up all night crazy on the wedding night after being deprived. But it's your choice.

• My hubby and I did that, it's an awesome feeling. Getting reconnected on your special day it was like all the times before never happened after we had our "first moment as man and wife". God be with both of you. I know you can do it!

• I would think if you guys want to wait till your wedding day, then go for it

• It's a really sweet idea and I would totally do it if you think you'll be fine. If you think it might cause realtionship problems however try to something else romantic you can do for when you get married

• Personally, I want to do this when my boyfriend and I get married. I want to have a no-sex engagement. We have obviously already had sex and have done everything else, but I feel like it would make us want each other even more, and our wedding night would be even more special. So I say go for it.

• It's not very special if it's all ready been done...just saying.