Ladies how do you compromise with your bf/husband if you want to live near a lake but he wants the city?

Lets say the two of you are looking for a new house to live in, but you want to live near a lake and he wants to live near the city, how would y'all compromise?

I also want to ask you, would you be offend if he said "he rather buy you a play pool with a rubber duckie, than to live near a lake", or would you not take it so personal?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would try to find a suburban area that's near the city with a lake or nature nearby

• I still like to know if you'll be offend if he said "he rather buy you a play pool with a rubber duckie, than to live near the lake"

• Yeah I would because that's just rude and belittling.

• I asked because I heard a woman say she rather buy her husband a play pool with a rubber duckie, than for him to live near a lake, cause that's what he wanted.

What Girls Said 7

• I would tell him we can live in a city only if it's a place in the city but not too far away from the lakes so we can go on camping trips, if when we move in and he refuses to take me camping were going to have problems, I gave him what he wants so he should take to his end of the deal, I don't let anyone take me for granted like that.

• I still want to know, would you be offend if he said "he rather buy you a play pool with a rubber duckie" than to live out near the lake?

• I would... be extremely sad, disappointed and quite angry I guess because he promised we would go camping :( lol that means if he tricks me like that I can't trust him ether so I guess that is why there would be problems.

• I would be VERY offended if I were told that. It's rather mean and probably unnecessary to say.

I would say to comprise on the place you chose to live at. Maybe one that in the middle of both.

• I asked because I heard a woman say she would rather buy her husband a play pool with a rubber duckie, than for him to live near the lake, because that's what he wanted and she wants the city life.

• Luckily I live in a big city that also happens to be on a lake. And there are other cities that are on water, so maybe just move to one! :)

And yeah, that is a condescending thing to say to someone!

• Would you ever say that if you wanted to live near the city but he wants to be closer to a lake?

• No, like I said it's condescending. I don't even think that can be said in a sarcastic way that could be laughed off either.

• I don't have to compromise I live in a city and the lakes are right there yes lakes not lake.

• Your ideals sound very different! You like lake life and he is a city boy! I don't see a comprise when it comes to living a certain lifestyle! And yes I would be very offended! He was putting your needs down!

• i asked because I heard a woman say she would rather buy her husband a play pool with a rubber duckie than for him and her to live near the lake, because that's what he wanted and she wants the city, due to her living her music career.

• well. that's a pretty condescending untactful response to a serious discussion, so yes I would be offended, as for where we live, it would depend on our circumstances and what made most sense and how strongly we both felt about it, there's no one right answer, but I would definitely be open to compromise, it's a big decision, you both have to be happy with it.

• I'd do whatever he wanted lol

• I still want to know, would you be offend if he said, he rather buy you a play pool with a rubber duckie than for y'all to live near the lake?

What Guys Said 0