Should a person remain in contact with an ex fiance's family? What about the nieces and nephews of the ex?

My ex fiance and I broke up about three years ago. We were together for about 5 1/2 years. While we were together his older sister had a baby. I considered this little girl to be my niece.

Her fifth birthday just passed. My brother was with me while I was picking out the present I would send her. He expressed his opinion that I should stop sending her birthday and Christmas gifts, especially now while she may forget.

My ex fiances sister and I are still friends. I always let her know that when I'm sending gifts and she doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

So, what are you guys opinion? Should I continue to send gifts or not? My thinking is that even though her uncle and I broke up, doesn't mean I lost the love I had for her.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's only weird if you make it weird.

It's a gift for a 5 year old. It's just a nice gesture.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should continue to send gifts. The fact that you broke up with her uncle has nothing to do with your relationship with her. She's a child, she doesn't understands your problems and she also has nothing to do with them. Plus, if her mother doesn't mind, there's no reason to stop.