What's a good wedding gift?

My friend ot married she didn't tell me I found out from her sister today. Thinking of going to visit her this weekend what gift should I buy? This is a first. I've never bought a wedding gift before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Check if she has a gift registry. If so, that makes things SUPER easy. If there's no gift registry, and you don't know the people well enough to just ask them what they need, I would just give some money in a nice card (at least $100). The worst thing you can do is go to the wedding touting some random crap (like a towel set -- who knows if it fits their color scheme?) (or a toaster -- they may already have one!) that they may just throw away.

No body throws away money!

What Guys Said 2

• Your friend, you know her choices better :)

But given the last moment nature of the situation, I'd probably go along with flowers and give a cash card. A lot better that way since she can use the money to buy what she wants and flowers are a lovely way of congratulating or wishing someone :)

• A gift cardfor Macy's or a couple's massage-

What Girls Said 2

• Why'd she get married and not tell you? Are you sure you're friends ?

• Yeah - it was a simple ceremony she told me. She didn't get through into the junior and senior year in high school and I did - she changed her no. I didn't know and yeah she didn't invite any of her friends - we've got some friends in common. Bit weird why she didn't but yeah

• a blender:P