Anyone engaged or together before marriage for a really long time?

So, I am wondering how long is too long to wait until marriage? My next door neighbors got married AFTER all their kids were adults lol. I have been with my man for 7 years and we aren't living together or engaged yet. But for the engagement, how long is reasonable once a proposal has been made?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's all up to the individuals. hopefully the couple would communicate their expectations. some people may get engaged and married very soon after, some people may see engagement as the major hurdle and be OK with being in an engagement for a while... again really it's up to the two people in the scenario

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know what to make of it . Maybe your partner does not like wedding cake,

• Any length of time is reasonable, provided it's agreed upon by both parties.

Women typically are nuts about wanting the ceremony though, so I think it's very rare for women to be okay with a long engagement.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm with my s.o over 11 years, engaged for 5 with no intention of getting married. There is no time limit on anything in your life. What's considered reasonable is what's reasonable to you and your partner, not anyone else. If marriage is important to you then you must tell him.