Should a man leave his wife if they are white and she gives birth to a black baby?

What do you think he should do? How would you react?

lol just to be clear, I'm not married and don't currently have anyone knocked up... just saw a story, and a military wife had a black baby and said she got pregnant at a 3D p*rn and her husband is sticking with her and raising the kid.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, he should tell her 'honey let's go make another one like this'

What Girls Said 4

• No not in generally. I don't know what the hell 3D p*rn is supposed to be but I don't think you can get pregnant like that.

In general the race of a baby doesn't necessarily say anything about the father. Mixed couples usually get dark babies, but it's completely possible that their kin color resembles the whiter parent. Twins can even have different skin colors.

Even if both parents are seemingly of the same race it's possible that their child is a different race if a grandparent or great grandparent had a different race. it's rare but it happens.

I'd understand why a guy would want a paternity test in either case, but leaving her right away is just stupid

• Well, if I had a baby with my white boyfriend I wouldn't be too surprised if the kid came out black, but we'd likely end up with a kid who looks like Paula Pattons kid (Julian). I should add that I'm part black...so, yeah

But I'd say get a paternity test first and then yeah, leave after if it's not yours

• Oh you mean like me myself and Irene?

• ummm awkward! lol

What Guys Said 16

• This is tricky - because you stipulate "black". That makes it all so visible.

English studies have shown that about 4% (ranging from 1-30% ! in varying studies) of all people are not the genetic child of the person they believe is their father. Adoptees and foster children are kept out of this.

Normally, when the child is of the same color as their parents, it doesn't really matter. Most people never notice. But it is hard to miss it if the child is just completely off color.

But the question remains. Should a man dump his wife if the wife has a child of another color?

What is the basic problem? Is it that s) she has F**ed around? Is it that b) she f**ed around with a black man? Is it that c) the child is not genetically his?

I'd say have a good long think about it before you do anything dramatic.

• 3d p*rn? that is the most ridicules thing I've ever heard.

I probably would not stick by her considering it meant that she cheated on me...wouldn't matter the color or race of the child. if I found out my partner or wife cheated on me, got pregnant, and didn't feel any need to tell me all this until the child had popped out I'd be done with her

• Nope. Not unless he wasn't the father. Then again he shouldn't be leaving because the kid is black, but rather because his wife cheated and had another man's baby regardless of its race

any way your question reminded me of this link

• getting pregnant watching 3d p*rn is one of the worst excuses I ever heard.

but it can happen if any of the parents have genes from a black person, if there was a black man or a woman was in your family, it can be some generations back that you have no idea of it. it might not be visible right away, but can come to light after generations, so it's possible but not after watching p*rn -_-

• There is a small chance the baby is his because of recessive genes. But that is rare and very unlikely in most cases.

Say if my wife had a baby and it came out anything but white I would order a paternity test and hell no I would not raise a baby that is not mine. That is time and money you wasted on a cheater. I would be pissed and her stuff would be thrown out that night I got the test results with baby in arms. I have no room in my heart for a cheater and especially to raise another mans baby when she couldn't keep her legs closed. Women have no excuse just like men do not have an excuse for knocking up some woman. People must be held accountable for their actions. If she got pregnant by some dead beat man then go live with him and let him support you because I would be done with her. Divorce proceedings would be started the next day and it shouldn't take too much longer after that.

• "money you wasted on a cheater."

Oh, I didn't buy or hire my wife.

"raise another man's baby"

Isn't that what adopting fathers do?

• sure if you are OK to still be married to someone who committed adultery then sure go right on ahead and share the same bed she shared with another man. someone who loves you and especially a person you marry does not cheat. Oh some how by accident his penis fell inside her he busted his nut inside your woman. and sure you want to take responsibility and see that failure of a spouse every time you look at that child. most people won't and I don't know why you took it negatively sad for you bub

• A friend of mine is an OBGYN. She actually delivered an apparently black baby to a couple where both were blond hair blue eyes. The mother said 'oh sh*t' and the husband walked and didn't come back.

Go ahead and do the paternity test, but basically your wife has another man's child, its pretty much over.

• Or not: her granny may have cheated but given birth to a white baby. Recessive genes, you know?

• Yup. Thus the 'go ahead an do a paternity test'.

In the case I heard about I suspect he knew who the father was and her reaction - disappointment more than incomprehension - reinforced it.

• I could forget it happened and a kid is a blank slate: the dad is the man who educates it.

• What's wrong with black babies?

• No, she just gave birth to an star! He could play basketball, or football! Maybe even be a rapper! Any way, he is going to become famous and bring a lot of pride to the family! Why would I leave that?

• I'd insist on a DNA test first - there's an ever so slight chance that a recessive gene on both sides (if there are mixed ancestors) can come out. But likely, yes...drop her like a bad habit.

• This is very true. There have been black parents who have given birth to a child who looked entirely white in features due to recessive genes. It's rare but it does happen. Dark features are more dominant so it is more prevalent the other way.

• Not if one of them were albino. If he knew then I don't think so. Otherwise, leave. Your wife having any other man's baby and lying about it is a disrespectful thing that cannot be rectified.

• If the baby is not his he should leave. All that matters is that he did not father the child.

• Yes. I would kick her ass to the curb because it would prove she cheated.

By the way, that 3D P*rn story has been busted. link

• Your question reminded me of this lol www.YouTube.com/watch?v=t_jiHlkI1A4

Anyways, if there's even a slight chance of the baby being his, I'd get it tested. Otherwise, I would probably talk it through with her, potentially just leave her.

• Not until he's had a paternity test.

It could be a recessive gene manifestation.

re: Update - that story about the 3D is a JOKE. It's NOT REAL.