Girls, do you ever wear a ring on your left hand if you're not engaged or married?

There's a girl I've wanted to ask out for a while. Today, I saw her at church and she had what appeared to be a ring on her left hand, though I couldn't tell if it was an engagement or wedding ring. The few times that I've seen her, she always comes in and leaves by herself, though. I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much, but do girls ever wear rings on their left hand even if they're not engaged or married?

She's engaged. Just found out a couple of days ago. Thanks you for your input though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls, do you ever wear a ring on your left hand if you're not engaged or married?

Yes as I find it tends to lessen the amount of guys pestering and bothering me by approaching me.

I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much, but do girls ever wear rings on their left hand even if they're not engaged or married?

Many gals do this when they don't want to be approached I know quite a lot of gals and some of my gal pals do this wearing the ring out when they don't want to be approached and slipping it off when they see a guy they do want to be approached by.

What Girls Said 10

• Could be a purity ring, or maybe she's engaged to someone in a long distance relationship or in the army or something. Couldn't hurt to ask her!

• Yes. Some girl do it when they don't want to be pestered by guys. Or some also do it because it sometimes feels good to fantasize about it. If anything you can ask how life is going ans usually girls will answer right away like if they are engaged or not or are tired of guys pestering them.

• Yes but only when travelling abroad to countries like (Greece,Turkey, Egypt to name a few...guys here love to hit on foreign women), I get pestered less if I wear a ring on my ring finger on my left hand.

• Also its just something we throw on we don't do it in purpose sometimes

• yea

• Yeah I do

• Im not engaged or married but I wear a ring on my left ring finger. You never know what her situation is. It can't hurt to ask ya know. I say go for it.

• Why do you though?

• I don't know. I never really thought of it. I just do. I feel like if she had a boyfriend he would be going with her to church at least once in a while.

• Not every girl, but some do. Maybe is a promise ring or a purity ring :)

• I always wear a ring just because I look good with it on

• I am engaged now, so of course I wear a ring. Before though? Yes. Only when I was selling jewelry at the mall though. I was in one of those center kiosks so everyone sees you, and you see everyone. I was young and shy when it came to strange guys approaching me. Plus, you can tell the difference when someone is being genuinely nice/interested, compared to someone who is being a jerk, trying to show off to his friends by being a deusch bag. So yea, to avoid all of that, I would put grab one of the rings out of a case and wear it til the end of my shift. If you want to figure out what's going on with her, strike up a conversation. There are ways to figure out if she's taken without straight up asking. Be creative.

What Guys Said 0