Why do so many young girls still like Chris Brown? Is it battered wife syndrome?

How can so many young girls still like Chris brown after it became known he is an abusive boyfriend who beat up a girl? He is a skinny little runt so he could never do that to a decent sized man, but he beats up a woman and is a complete sissy and girls love him. I don't get it. Can you girls explain why he is so popular with under 25 year old girls despite being the exact opposite of a man? Do the girls who like him also put up with abuse from their boyfriends?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never liked him from his "Run it" days to begin with ...

• Most of the girls on this site weigh more than him. He can't weigh more than 130 lol

What Girls Said 10

• Why do so many young girls still like Chris brown?

I find gals tend to be way way way more forgiving than guys and for most patriarchal societies like America there's still a lot of victim-blaming and shaming of female victims of male perpetrated physical crimes so likely the gals ingrained it to be Rihanna's fault or she's overreacting/being emotional.

Can you girls explain why he is so popular with under 25 year old girls despite being the exact opposite of a man?

Probably because he's wealthy, perceived as high status due to being a celebrity, seen as cool due to being a musician, and many see him as attractive. I find appealing traits tend to have many overlooking whether one is a 'man' or 'woman' heck lots of teenage gals are quite popular with grown men old enough to be their fathers/grandfathers solely because of their beauty appeal despite them being the exact opposite of a 'woman'.

Do the girls who like him also put up with abuse from their boyfriends?

Likely they do or are willing.

• He's attractive.

Everybody makes bad choices in life, should they be held accountable for it until they die?

No.

He showed he is a changing man, and that's what really matters.

Not that it makes it okay, but I heard Rihanna was abusive to him too that night.

They BOTH were in the wrong.

• No way on earth does anything she did deserve the beating she took from that little bitch. He has an explosive temper and is always going off, so I doubt it took much provocation from a girl. That is a ridiculous argument

• Regardless of genders, if that was the real story then both of them should have controlled their tempers. Him more so because he is a man.

To answer your final question, I do not judge someone by their past but who they become from it. We all do things we aren't proud of. Some of us to a higher degree than others. If we show self improvement, and that we can be better than our past. Then yes I can forgive someone like that. Will I be their best friend? Probably not, but I will not hold anyones

• past against them if they are becoming greater than who they used to be.

• I have no idea...

He looks like a complete fool, acts like a mean jackass...I don't get it.

He's abusive and screams jerk...

I judge someone by their actions...the people that like him (after everything) are probably only admiring the surface and his money.

• He does look like a huge idiot

• I agree with you. I think he's a little sh*t.

Being over 25 I think he's appealing to young women because he's attractive and has that bad boy quality about him. Girls like the idea of being "the one" and taming a guy like that because it will mean they're special, so it's a self-esteem issue. Also people overlook celebrities' behaviors simply because they are famous.

As far as Rhianna goes, I think there's a daddy issue there. I believe her father was abusive and so it's appealing to her; she associates love with abuse. We all tend to like what is familiar unless we can somehow break the pattern.

• He is a little bastard and it is amazing girls like him. No wonder guys can get away with abuse, cheating,etc as long as they are a "bad boy"

• He's a celebrity and he is a symbol associated to $$$ and fame so the average minded girls don't mind... I 'd think

• Young, ghetto girls are young and impressionable

• It isn't just ghetto girls

• He's hot and rich. He was actually highly hated until he released that d*ck pic. Then his worthless ass was back in the spotlight.

• He released ad***pic? I didn't know about that. You think he is hot? Lol he looks like such a dork. Skinny toothpick and always trying to look tough with stupid looks on his face that make him look constipated.

• Stupid auto correct. I meant his dong is like him, tall and pencil thin. Not sure why he thought releasing a pic of a pencild***would help him more than hurt him when so many girls watch p*rn these days and know when something is way below average when they see it

• Yeah but it did help him back into the spotlight.

• Well I had to admit that I used to like him and his music when his first album came out but after the abusive towards Rihanna and all that sh*t he caused...well not anymore!

• Because a lot of girls don't have a father figure so they don't know what a real men is supposed to be like. So maybe if more men would take care of their kids and step up and be a good father figure we wouldn't have the problem of girls going after bad guys.

• I agree with you, but it's a two way street. When women have kids with jerks like Chris Brown, they share some of the responsibility for those kids not having a good father.

• QA is right here. It's not always the case that women who choose to have kids with losers had bad fathers themselves. I've known plenty. Both genders share the blame on this one.

QA: thanks for not being "partisan". Denying half the problem doesn't do any good.

• Oops, I had in mind the QA was female. Sorry about that. Thanks just the same for not being partisan.

• Maybe they just think he is physically attractive...? It doesn't mean they would date him. They know he is a woman beater, they just think he's attractive I guess. A persons physical features/attractiveness doesn't change no matter what they do.

• How could a woman beater be attractive? If I found out a pretty girl did something as bad as that, I would lose all attraction

• I mean physical attraction as in they think he has a nice face. His face didn't change before and after the incident.

• I don't care how hot a girl is if she acts like that

What Guys Said 7

• He's an attractive celebrity so he gets a pass on bad behavior. Nothing new there.

• Because most women are attracted to abusive jerks when they first start dating. They have to be sh*t on enough first before they finally start wising up and then whatever guys are left get the leftovers :P Mwahahahaha!

• No idea. I guess for the same reason that women like 50 Shades and Twilight, I'll never understand why in the world women would be into abusive relationships.

• Rich, famous, talented. When you are those things women of ALL ages will put up with a lot of things. Women of all ages, races , upbringings and backgrounds ( At least ones that would likely have a chance to get with a celeb) would quickly give him the time of day .

• Because he is rich and has fame

• Chris Brown and Justin Bieber need to be victims of a random act of violence.

• Most women in that age group are drawn to the a**hole / bad boy personality type, so they're willing to forgive Mr. Brown his sins.