Could you be in a relationship or marriage with a racist and/or someone who looks down on your race?

Say if they said that they don't like _____ people but they look at you as a "exception" would you ever be in a relationship or marriage like this? Now I've heard of women (especially minority) accepting this but I never heard of men accepting a partner who thinks this way.

Here's a couple of examples link

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally probably not, I do know that this can be very hard for people. For example I go to a predominantly white southern college. One of my teachers was telling me (she was black) that a student was extremely stressed because his family were members of the KKK and he didn't .want to be alienated from them and his friends but was in love with a Hispanic girl. Unfortunately many of these groups are inherited from generation to generation and the children feel they can not leave or else they'd be estranged from all the people they care about.

What Girls Said 4

• No. Why would I want to be with someone who only saw me as an "exception"? That's not appealing to me at all. I have no desire to have anything to do with racists. I don't even like being friends with someone who is openly racist.

• No.

• no no no and no. could never thought of dating him to begin with!

• No. It would piss me off and I can't respect an idiot.

What Guys Said 4

• No. Racist towards my own race, or any, is a major turn off. One thing I like is diversity. I have a diverse group of friends. White, black, Hispanic, Ethiopian, Filipino, gays, etc. If she couldn't accept it or made insults towards a particular race, I'd dump on the spot.

• No.

• In fact, there was a black girl to whom I wasn't attracted at first. After he kept spending time around me and acting as if she like me, I started really liking her. One day, she said something that I took to mean she was generally racist toward white people. I've never talked to her since.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Probably. I don't like my people either.