1950's adverts 'How can such a pretty wife make such bad coffee?" when Political Correctness was alien?

Modern adverts seem to be more the other way around but I'm curious for opinions on what other people think about this.

1950's when political correctness was an alien concept to Men

Do you think you'd have liked it back then?

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate politically correct garbage. I don't mind it at all and I think it would have been better off to live back then.

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't offend me. I'm not a coffee aficionado but I know there is good and bad coffee, just as there is good and bad tea (in terms of quality). It makes me chuckle, I guess. But I'm not offended and I don't think it's sexist...

maybe it's wrong that I don't find it sexist

• No, I don't think I would have liked to live back then. I'm happy with the generation that I live in .

What Guys Said 3

• Like it? I loved it,and for the most part,it was a better world with freedom of speech.Don't get the wrong idea about the '50s,"old-school" moral standards were pretty strong and men did love and respect their wives,probably moreso than today.

Advertising is always extreme and unrealistic.The people of the times were smart enough to realize that,and not find it offensive.It was just ridiculous and humourous.

• A fantastic time for men and women.

Men could be men before the feminazi-p****-conversion process occurred.

Women could enjoy the type of man they actually like.

Nothing sexist about that ad.

• I don't worry my head off trying to be politically correct like some men do these days . If I am I am If I'm not I'm not .