Should my boyfriend attend a bachelor party or a wedding?

My very serious boyfriend and I were invited to a wedding the same day he has a bachelor party. He is very close to the bachelor, but I think weddings are more important so I think he should attend the wedding. He disagrees. I don't want to be rude about it, but I think it is a couple event and we should both be there. It will be the third wedding I have to attend alone if he doesn't come.

Most Helpful Girl

• The bachelor party would be a lot more fun to him. Weddings themselves usually aren't anything too special, they're romantic and stuff but I can see why he'd rather go to a bachelor party, especially if it's for a close friend of his.

Would it be at all possible for him to do both? Go to the wedding with you and then head off to the bachelor party later?

It's tough to say what to do here, but honestly it seems like he's going to do whatever he wants, based on how you've described him.

What Guys Said 1

• Have him come for part of the wedding but let him leave to go to the bachelor party. Your friends only get married once so if he misses the whole bachelor party he will blame you for it and that will create resentment.

What Girls Said 2

• Why can't he do both? I'm sorry but weddings suck. I realize as a woman you don't like going to them alone but they are boring. I'd try to figure out a way for him to do both. Go to the wedding and leave early for the party. I feel bad that you go to weddings alone but his friends are important too. Good luck.

• I think he should attend whichever event he has the closest relation to which sounds like the bachelor party.