Is this a woman's world and men just only live in it, to where wives have more rights in marriage?

Like for example, when a married couple are out looking for a new house to live in, "out of three houses to choose from" will the husband always pick the house his wife likes more, even though he like another house better, because it was under budget?

Or even though he wanted to live in a house that's closer to his job, still he agreed to choose the house that's father away from his job, because his wife like that house more, knowing it's closer to her friends?

What I'm trying to get at is, are husbands afraid of their wives?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think husbands are more respectful of their wives than afraid. Generally speaking, the woman is the one to care for the house like cleaning and gardening and cooking, but in my opinion the ideal thing would be to get a house that both are comfortable with buying... I mean you have to spend your lives together there, it's not wife alone or husband alone. Those husbands are just trying to please their wives probably to keep the peace :(

• Your answer is better than the one "whattothink" gave me, up above.

• What she said just disgusts me. I can tell she was bragging to look make it look like women are superior to men.

barf!

• --puke, puke, puke-- VOMIT!

What Girls Said 6

• It's a man's world, and well do you ever want to get laid? Then be nice to your wife and she will return the favor. We just happen to hold that power in our favor and are not afraid to use it.

• If women, brag about that, that makes them seem like not a nice person, that's pretty low for a married woman. Besides women hate it when men act cocky at something. That woman will have to answer to god anyway for that kind of behavior.

• what? Who said anything about people being "not nice" due to disagreeing on something like where to live? Marriage is WORK. It is communication, commitment, and compromise. No one person should really be in charge as they should be partners. But yes disagreements will come up. Fights will happen. Spouses will be downright nasty to each other. But no relationship is perfect and everything worth having has good and bad times. Nothing wrong with that.

• No one person should really be in charge, then why did you say "he should be nice if he wants to get laid?" that seems like the wife could care less about being nice to her husband, if he refuse sex from her, it's not a big loss for her. Sure the wife be a home most of the time, but does it flatter you that he'll be nice enough to let her make the home picking decision, knowing she got what she wanted?

• There's too much stereotyping in your question. People of each gender have these qualities. Its about the person not the sex.

• Are there any husbands who are not afraid to pick the house he love more?

• I'm sure there are. Just like I'm sure there are wives who are not afraid to pick the house she loves more.

• Well I believe that, I watch those shows on HGTV pretty much on how the husbands act like they're opinion doesn't matter.

• These is an old saying, that I hear at work almost daily from the Techs...

"Happy wife, happy life"

• But do you agree with that?

• It doesn't matter if I do...

they do.. and so for them, it is true...

• I know of more women being beat by their husbands than the other way around, so are wives afraid of their husbands?

I really don't understand what you are talking about. Marriages should be equal. If someone is afraid of the other there's something seriously wrong with the marriage. Are you afraid of your wife over some house?

• I'm not talking about physical abuse, I'm talking about minor disagreements, tell me if you know any husbands who wasn't afriad to pick the house he wanted more?

• I don't know any couples that have fought over buying a house. Buying a house isn't a minor decision. Buying a brand of coffee is a minor decision. If you fight over buying a house you have bigger problems.

• What I'm saying is the disagreement on if he likes carpet and she likes hardwood floor maybe minor.

Do you think the wife should always have the final say as to what house both her and her husband should live in?

• read the book from Dr Amen. WOmen are born leaders...more so than men. So woman do decide where the family will reside.

• That's just his opinion, you're making it seem like men are pitiful

• What you think about the people that downvoted you? And what do you think about this link

• No married men are just more respectful and don't want an argument.

• But women don't mind arguments in marriage?

What Guys Said 3

• Of course it's a woman's world. It has been since politicians realized all they have to do to get elected is convince women they are disadvantaged and then tell them they will fix it for them. Enough men are stupid enough to believe it too that men now have no chance of fairness in the legal system.

• Well it's sad, you think that way.

• meaning you would love for your woman to walk all over you. That would make me want to barf.

• What I described below is what I commonly see but not in my case. My wife is very respectful and deferential.

• Most laws were designed to favor women. The thing is that how the laws were written screw over the bread winner, and younger women are now making more than the man, so soon it will be women that are getting screwed. Also courts are not as quick to give children to the mother, so it is easy for a man to get custody now. Just make sure your wife makes close to the same as you, and you won't have much to worry about during a divorce. Like I said, it is always the bread winner that gets screwed. So never give to woman the option of being a stay at home mom. It could come back to bite you in the butt during a divorce.

• No, its not a woman's world. Men are still predominately the ones in charge.