Why are girls so obsessed with getting married?

I just don't get the point of marriage. I never did as a kid. Nor never want it. It's all sh*t. You don't need marriage to prove your love. If a non married couple were together for 10 years, and a married couple were together for 5. Why is the married couple seen better? Because of the agreement paper? Oh it's all sh*t

Most Helpful Guy

• Many do for different reasons.

If a bunch of girls are bragging about sleeping around and the girl easily gives into peer pressure she'll do the same thing. So if a bunch of girls are all getting married she'll compete and find a guy to marry too. A lot of it is peer pressure. Many girls want the latest fashion so they follow the same trends.

Marriage is very female based. She walks with music going and flowers going and she's idolized and many girls are very hung up on that kind of attention. The guy just stands there and praises the woman like a doormat.

Other women get obsessed with having a kid and don't want to look like a tramp who "messed up" with her boyfriend.

Some want that "whole package" of house kids and husband.

There's a million different things.

• They just want marriage because of what society says

What Guys Said 2

• Idk but I've always wanted to get married

• tax cuts is on incentive to get married :)

i can't imagine my self being married but there is a good chance I will do it for my parents since its part of our culture. Otherwise I think apart from tax break getting married in this day and age is a waste of time.

What Girls Said 6

• I like tradition and I like what it stands for. I want a lifelong companion and lover and I want to know what if we go through rough times we have more motivation to fight for our relationship.

Sure, it's a piece of paper. But I think it takes a relationship to a whole different level.

I know relationships aren't easy and marriage isn't what movies portray it to be but that's why you have to make sure you marry someone that you wouldn't mind going through rough times with.

I don't judge people who don't believe in marriage or won't get married. But just as I feel they shouldn't justify their decision(s) to the world those who do choose to marry shouldn't feel pressured to justify themselves either.

To generally answer your question, some people marry out of obligation or out of religious expectations. Or they marry as a way to celebrate their love in front of family and friends.

• It's a piece or paper. You just like the word marriage

• Whatever makes you feel better. Not everyone shares your bitterness

• It's a fairy tale fantasy induced by their parents to their children or the society they grew up in.

• I don't want to get married imo I think it's just tradition.

• For me how woman and men should act is se what old school, except marriage. IMO it's pointless

• not all of them are. I'm really not

• I still think marriage is a very sacred thing, no matter what society says. Yes, it's a piece of paper, but the commitment behind the piece of paper. Personally, I can't wait to get married, but I don't want to get married because of the big wedding and the dress. I think of spending the rest of my life with the person I love when I think of marriage

• I have no effin idea. Marriage seems miserable for women and I hate the idea of commitment although I do want kids. I just don't want a husband.

Maybe it's the big wedding that some women want.

• They just want to brag about what they have