What do you think about marriage?

If someone asks for your opinion on marriage, what would you say? Would you suggest that getting married is nice and much much better than living all alone with pets?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think the only two options in life are "getting married" or "living all alone with pets". I think marriage is nice, it shows the world that two people are in love and want to share their life together, though having children shows the same thing in my eyes. I think it's nice and sweet, but not really necessary. There are couples who live together, have children and aren't married. I wouldn't see it as just a piece of paper, a ring, but as a promise to eachother.

What Girls Said 4

• More responsibilities and you can't just walk away easily and be like ''Ok bye, it's over'' you would on a relationship.

• Less taxes

• i see pros and cons in both scenarios

i saw marriage broke down and heard about more than 10 years of marriage that went separate way. divorce rates going up in all parts of the world. but there is those who are happily married and have children.

i know people who chose to remain single and wouldn't mind to stay that way

for me, marriage is not on my list unless I want children. cohabitation to me is fine

• I believe you should only marry if you have kids. If not why bother with all the hoopla.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm Catholic and I view it in high regard, not a decision to be made lightly and a life long commitment

• I am fine with marriage, so far it's worked out for me.

• i don't want someone to take everything I've spent lifetime earning..divorce courts aren't exactly pro-male

• Marriage is a big thing, big committment. It can be the greatest gift if you married the right one but it can be the worst endless disaster if you married the wrong one.

• I can only speak for my own experience but marriage has been awesome for me.