Wife and child- who would you choose?

A scenerio whereby you are given an option by the surgeon to choose either to keep the live of the wife or unborn child, who would you choose to keep and why?

If I am a guy I would choose to keep the wife

but if I am the wife, I would hope my husband would keep the child

:)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• It might have been different when I was a lot younger,but I'd choose the child.There's a 50% chance the wife would turn against me later,without reason,divorce me and take at least 80% of what I had worked for all my life.

A childs is very unlikely to do that to his/her parent.

Even if the wife didn't divorce me,and there's a 50% chance,she would most likely be making my life miserable a few years later.There's less chance of a child doing that.

Wives are replacable,and very few are worth keeping for a lifetime.Children are special.

• If you think that about your wife, why did you ever even want to date her?

• I'd save both, because I will sacrifice myself!

But since I die hard anyway, I think we'll all survive.

• Didn't read all the way thorugh. If I had a delivery situation. I think I'd go for the wife. Miscarriages happen a lot and with proper treatment and care, the next child can be born healthy with no risk to the mother.

• Plus one good hubby

• I'd keep the wife. I don't even know the child yet, but the wife is the one I loved enough to want to have a child with.

• I would choose her life.. We could always try to have another child. She may hate me for it and she may not respect my decision but I would always choose my wife's life over anyone else's.. even my own.

If we had a kid and later in life I had the opportunity to choose between the life of my wife or the life of my kid then the option would swing in the other direction..

• I would choose to keep my wife.

• make the anti-abortionists cringe >:D

• Neither, we only got marries because she was pregnant, I think she poked holes in the condom any way.

• The wife

What Girls Said 3

• If the roles were reversed I'd choose my husband - I can have another child. If the situation wasn't so bad and if I had the strength I'd save them both.

• if I was a guy I would choose the wife too

• If I was the guy I would do everything in my power to keep both.

• have to choose one in critical condition

• Im sure most guys would choose the wife, If I were a guy I would choose the wife, If I were the mother I would choose to keep the baby as well.

• Wife, she already has a life, a love and a promising future which has already been started: in contrast the child has nothing to lose as they haven't "begun" in the world yet. It seems harsh but you could always have another child, you can't back everything you and your wife built upon.