Do you believe gay marriage will lead to legalizing incest?

I have seen a couple of articles saying that legalizing gay marriage will lead to incest among other things. I have no problem with gay people and their relationships but I think incest is wrong. The relationship between siblings and parent-child is completely different than the relationship between two lovers. I want to know what you guys all think. Do you believe gay marriage will lead to legalizing incest?

Does anyone know the statistics for consensual incest? In both the United States and the entire world? Any kind of incest sibling, parent-child, cousins, etc. I know this may be a hard statistic to find because many people probably will not admit to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh dear, that is so truly not the same thing. Legalizing gay marriage is just about letting people, who happen to love someone of the same sex, honour their love like any other straight couple. While incest is just sick, as you said. People who do that are mentally ill. And so, there is a HUGE difference. I don't think anyone would be that stupid to ever legalize that. Oh, so gross.

What Guys Said 12

• This is long so bear with me. Yes, I believe Pandora's box is open by this ruling. Like what Riaayc stated, the MAIN reason that was/still is shoved down our throats about gay marriage, is that two people who "LOVE" each other should be allowed to get married. That's the stupidest reason to justify and redefine marriage.

When I was in HS, being gay was looked upon the way most people here view incest - gross, demented, sick people, etc... Television and an extremely liberal biased media continually shoved homosexuality down our throats in all sorts of "loving", "caring" situations in sitcoms, in the newspapers, with public figures admitting to it throughout the 80's, 90's and over the past decade+ to indoctrinate us into accepting homosexuality as "normal".

Remember that main reason we were inundated with about "loving" each other? Well, let's say I "love" my sister, my mother, my aunt, my cousin, and since gay marriage is now legal, why not add in my brother, my father, my uncle, my male cousins too? WHY shouldn't they be allowed to consensually marry? As if that's NOT going to happen, what's to stop polygamy then - after all they "love" each other and are in a caring relationship? And what's to stop polyamory with multiple individuals all being married to each other too? After all, they "love" and care about each other.

Finally, let's toss in the final straw (which, by the way has already been requested in England this year) and have someone request to be married because they "love" their dog (s), their cat (s), their fish, their horse, etc... It's not that far a step from gay marriage.

• You're saying what many people don't dare to say.

• And why not? It's EXACTLY THE end game for extremely liberal-thinking people. The bottom line is that most liberals DON'T believe in God. They tossed out His rule book years ago. (That's the Bible for those who don't know what I'm talking about.) THAT'S the book that provides the rules and YES people, MORALS about what's right and wrong. So that group has ZERO compass to define for them what's considered immoral and what's not. There's a reason WHY God said homosexuality is immoral. The Bible may be OLD, but it's information on how we should live is TIMELESS and applies just as much today as it did centuries ago. The thing is, it's the truth. You may not want to hear it or like it, but it's still the truth.

• I think if anything, it will lead to lowering the age of consent before incest, but that's if anything happens at all. Slippery slopes are funny like that.

• link

According to this it is exactly the other way around.

Allowing gay marriage seems to negatively correlate to permitting incestious marriages.

• Well in reality it doesn't matter who thinks that it is "wrong" if people want to live their life that way, then that's that. It will never be legalized. But when has that ever stopped anyone in regard to anything.

• I have seen references to surveys that 20 percent of college students had a consensual sexual experience with a sibling, so it does happen, probably more often that people think. Even if there are only one million college students, then 20 percent would be 200,000 people with consensual sibling incest experiences, so that sounds like a lot of people to me.

I have heard that incest is legal among consenting adults in some European countries, including France. So in some places it is already legal. In some states, cousins can legally marry. I seem to recall that Theodore Roosevelt and his wife were first cousins.

I even found a site for adults in consensual incest relationships called Kindred Spirits. You can find it at kindred.forumup.com. It's run by two women who are in long-term romantic relationships with their brothers. I can see that as our society seems to grow more tolerant of differences, that some states may eventually legalize sibling marriages, but I think that's probably a long way off.

• I think something like this would open a Paradox box. Meaning If we legalized gay marriage then all the other issues would be brought up to question. It not too long ago that anal sex was illegal in many states, but now we legalized it. For over 100 years science has changed and improved greatly that caused us to rethink should these still remain illegal or not. This is why Gay marriage and gay question is the greatest issue we are facing today. After gay marriage issue was raised, we now question should we lower age of drinking, driving age, even age of consent. Which many states are either rolling back or in debate. This is a Paradox box we opened. Nothing good come from it.

• its completly different. one is two consenting adults ot marriage. the other is two FAMILY members fucking. think oog it this way. in incest thef amily member doesn't always have a choice wether they sa they do or not. and laos it creates a huge problem witht he gene pool. phil form duck dinasty said it would lead to beastiality. but that's not true either. it won't lead to anyhting other than letting gay people get married.

• No because unlike incest, two people of the same gender having sex can't create a baby that has ridiculously high chances of having something seriously wrong with them.

• One of the reasons incest is so common is the ready availability of birth control pills. Even so the likelihood of a deformed child from incest is wildly exaggerated.

• i sure as well hope so

• I don't think so. The motivation for laws against gay marriage was primarily related to morality. The rationale for laws against incest was more biological. Reproduction between close relatives is much more likely to result in babies who have severe health problems.

• Of course it will lead to legalizing incest. Or at least to some extent. A parent has power over the child so that is unlikely to happen. Siblings and cousins however have the same excuse to be together that gay people do. In fact in the past incest was the pretty normal. Maybe even more normal than homosexuality ever was.

There is a risk in birth defects if they have a child, but those risks are exaggerated. In fact a forty year old woman has the same risk of having a child with a birth defect as a younger woman has carrying her cousins child has. Unless we want to ban women over 40 from having a child we don't really have a reason to tell people that want to commit incest no. The big risks of incest start happening after several generations of incest have already occurred. With medical science getting better, there is a good chance this won't be an issue in a few decades anyway.

Just as we look back on the past and think people were a lot more prejudiced back then, the people in the future may look back and see the discrimination that smokers, fat people, and people wanting to commit incest face today as unacceptable.

• It should.

"The relationship between siblings and parent-child is completely different than the relationship between two lovers." Why? Because you said so?

When confronting a person that things gay marriage is wrong, people often say "Love is love. It shouldn't matter to you what two consenting adults do." That sound about right? Why is an incestuous relationship between two adults not okay then? Same logic should be used for them. Saying that's not okay but telling those against gay marriage they are dumb and bigots is a hypocritical stance.

What Girls Said 3

• I hope it will, but I can't see any reason why it should.

The numbers, depends where you are but full sex between mom and son is around 5% of families in Europe and the US, hand teasing is more common (15%), spankings also 15%, lip kissing 50%, flashing, exposure and sexual provocation around 80%. Incest rates are increasing as time passes, nearly all 12 year old boys for instance say they have seen their Mom in panties.

Dad/dau intercourse is 4%, hand teasing 19% (girl teases dad), spankings 30% (dad spanks dau), flashing lower body 70%, upper body 88%

The figures are for at least one instance of the behaviour; regular incest is rarer. Figures from The Family Love Institute and relate to 2003-2012.

• So yeah it may be wildly exaggerated in that it is not 100% guaranteed for a child resulting from incest to have a deformity or something wrong with it mentally increases dramatically to about a fifty percent chance that the child will have something wrong with it. So you're right its not 100% but its still far too high to justify the legalization of incest.

• I can find no reference to anything called the Family Love institute. Sounds like a p*rno company.

And those statistics are retarded. You couldn't find 5% of all p*rn movies to feather mother/son incest themes, never mind 5% of actual mother/sons.

Only a troll or a sociopath could pull these numbers out of their ass and think people will believe that shit.

• Belgie: I don't find it hard to believe that 80% of mommies have deliberately flashed their knickers at their little boys a few times, or that daughters expose their breasts in order to influence their daddies!

• Is it straight incest?

• Well, it could. But I think they will just keep going with legal things that obviously should be legal since its really no big deal, like lowering the drinking age and marriage age