Boyfriend wants to be like george clooney & not ever get married me I'm on the fence so what's the point of it?

I'm on the fence about marriage b.c well I am scared it won't last my boyfriend said a few times maybe one day he will maybe not be he wants 5 kids but wants to get married first so I'm TOTALLY CONFUSED. I thought that's what I wanted in the future b.c all girls get so excited that's their dream they plan it yada yada we are brought up to want to get married etc. On the other hand marriage to me would be the official combining of 2 people into one for the ever lasting love to finally say you are all mine legally more than just a piece of paper you are combining yourselves so to speak. I don't know if I want kids I'm scared of that also but deep down I do want to one day get married I'm 23 and thought I would be married at 25 but at the rate I'm going with the relationship I'm in I DON'T KNOW! It would be so nice to have that one person that has my back no matter what to comfort me when times are rough my boyfriend of a year on and off hasn't even said I love you Kayla and I haven't either Because I'll be damned if I look dumb & say I it first. Point is I think he might be influencing me to not want to get married then again Its kinda over rated idc about statistics I would go into it knowing no matter what problem me and my husband will be forever. All my close friends are married with a kid or 2 and I'm just here like I'm with george clooney I'm the long term girlfriend. So please give me insight I'm confused and scared. p.s yes my b.f is an ass most of the time.

I already said why I would want to get married possibly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear, I think you should remain single. Marriage is not for everyone.

There is nothing wrong with being single, and many people are happily single. For some people, being single is the wrong choice. For you though, I think its the right choice.

You can't make a marriage with some bit of positive thinking and "visualizing" always being together. In fact, I would be willing to argue the case that it will actually *decrease* your chance at happiness in the marriage let alone remain in it, and you shouldn't even be talking about it if you think him or you backing out is an option.

If you must insist on it, then you might want to push that 25 deadline out a bit. That being said, I actually married at your age - some people even younger - but not everything is the same for everyone. Its about what you have in front of you.

What Guys Said 5

• I used to think marriage was so important. But I've seen enough "devoutly Christian couples", including my own mother, (In Christianity, unfaithfulness is the only official reason to divorce) threaten divorce over petty crap and make their lives miserable.

Marriage guarantees nothing. The person will either stick with you and make it work and be a loving partner, or they won't. A ceremony won't make a scrap of difference.

• ok fine. here's my answer. if you don't want to then don't do it. no one says you gotta get married and have kids right now. like smot girls your over thinking it. relaxe take a deep breath. you don't need anything but happiness. so what if you were raised a certian way that doesn't bind you to anyhting. the only person who can apropiatly answer your question is you. because no matter what I say in the end its what's gonna make you happy.

• i don't wanna get married simpply because I feel marriage is to prove ot society you lvoe each other. who cares what society thinks. why do you want to get married at all?

• Marriage is hardly permanent at this point with all the divorces going on nowadays, so really, what does it prove at this point?

• If what you say is true then there is no reason you should even be in a relationship with this person

What Girls Said 0