Should a guy in an interracial relationship be able to claim discrimination over a declined marriage proposal?

Marriage is a legal contract, like a job. I'm thinking if he can't get hired because of his race, perhaps he can take that bitch to court.

Most Helpful Girl

• ...no. That is beyond ridiculous.

What Girls Said 6

• I hope this isn't a serious question. But no. The girl was with him before the proposal regardless of his race. A judge will laugh at you and dismiss it.

• If this is a real question, your answer is= counseling. And yes, that is the final answer. Get some help.

• That's so ridiculous...

maybe it's discrimination but just accept she doesn't want to marry you and move on with your life...

• This is why the courts are backed up for years, lawyers are getting richer and everyone in this goddamn country is lawsuit happy.

• No sorry.

• Ya and I wonder why she declined.. sarcasm obviously. You sound like a douche

What Guys Said 5

• I spent the day heating about the exploits of a old mentally retarder man and his denial mother and THIS is the funniest thing I've seen all day!

• No

• No! LOL! What the hell?

• Or just stop being bitter and grow up?

• When someone is looking to hire someone (especially large companies) they have an x amount of criteria an applicant must meet regardless of race. So if IBM hires 10 guys and they are all white and fit the criteria while the other races don't, they have a legal justification for it. If anything once you take them to court for that, they can counter sue for you harming their reputation.

If you sue someone for discrimination someone can easily say, I don't want to marry him/her because of X. Furthermore I want to counter sue for them hurting my reputation by calling me a racist which can cause damage in the future.