Would a guy lead you on about a proposal?

My boyfriend is home for the holidays from the military, we have both discussed it and we both agree that we want to marry, we've been discussing it for a few months now. He has been dropping hints the entire time he has been here. He asked me if I liked white or yellow gold and I also caught him trying to get my ring size. He took a ring I was wearing off of my finger and compared it to his fingers and then he also just asked me my size when I jokingly asked him why he wanted my size he just kind of smiled and didn't respond. We've even talked about ring shopping in the past but I hinted I wanted it to be a surprise. Well he's been here for almost 2 and half weeks. He leaves tomorrow morning, Christmas and now New Years has passed and he has yet to ask. He has one more day here and I haven't heard from him all day. And He's been acting a little strange and fidgety as well. I don't want to spoil anything yet but I'm getting a little nervous here. Is it likely that he will propose or is it possible he may have changed his mind suddenly? Do they usually get quiet before they propose? Do guys just change their minds suddenly about that sort of thing? I realize no one will ever be able to tell me what's going through his head but what have other guys thought?

What Guys Said 1

• When I proposed I had a freak out moment that weekend internally. Yes I debated it and almost didn't do it. It is the biggest decision of your life and its natural for him to freak out. Give him some time and don't pressure him and he will come around.

What Girls Said 1

• Well it sounds like he's getting all the info to get you a ring, but I think at this point it's just info. Unless he disappeared from you for a good length of time he hasn't had a chance to buy a ring really. He will probably shop while he's away and ask when you see each other next

• I hope so. Well he's had plenty of time to buy a ring. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed.