Should I have not said anything?

I was at my cousins house yesterday and she is 7 months pregnant. I was talking with her and her husband about the pregnancy. She was saying something about wondering if she is glowing. Her husband said "You're glowing to me" her response was 'It doesn't matter what you think" Her husband looked hurt and I was shocked, she said it with such venom. Later when I was alone with her I asked her if they were getting along and she said everything was fine. I then told her I thought what she said rude and mean. She got mad. I'm not worried about this affecting are relationship long term because we are close. I'm just wondering if I should have kept my mouth shut. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it probably would of been best not to of said anything, she's 7 months pregnant, I think it's probable that she knew very well that it was mean after she said it (naturally I don't know the circumstances, so I'm guessing), but she probably felt bad about it. When you're 7 months pregnant, your emotions are all over the place a lot of the time, so she probably didn't mean it.

You bringing it up, probably only made her feel worse about something she knew was wrong to begin with, hence her getting mad.

What Guys Said 2

• Did she indicate anywhere that she was honestly joking? If not, then no, I wouldn't keep my mouth shut. Some people need to hear reality, even if reality does not agree with them.

• She probably didn't mean what she said.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it was fine to say it. Some pregnant women use the pregnancy to get away with shit like that because they can blame the hormones and stuff. I think she knew very well that it was a mean thing to say, especially if she saw her husband's reaction. You bringing it up made her think twice about what she said, which I think she needed. Pregnant or not, saying stuff like that is really hurtful and to be honest, I think she should actually have apologized to him. But you confronting her was probably enough. Hopefully she'll think twice before saying the first thing that comes to her mind now. I don't think you have to bring it up or point it out anymore, though.

• Nah it's alright what you said. She'll be okay. You can apologise if you want but I don't think it's necessary. Pregnant people can be very snappy because it messes with your hormones and stuff, esp. when you're deep in like 7 months, so she'd say sth like that to him but not mean it, & he probably understood even though he was upset, which is why he didn't make a big thing out of it. &, it was probably the only reason she got so mad at you, too.

• You had every right to bring it up she was being a bitch pregnant or not no one has the right to treat everyone like shit.

• no you are fine.