Question to girls on this list: would you prefer to sleep with your kids or your partner/husband in bed?

Question to girls on this list: would you prefer to sleep with your kids or your partner/husband in bed? How long (upto what age) would it be okay for your kids to sleep with you? Have any of you ejected your partner from the bed after the kids came on the scene?

A further question -- anyone with any specific experiences? At what age did your kids move out to their own beds? Or, did your husband/partner have to do the shifting instead?

Most Helpful Girl

• When she was a newborn, our daughter slept beside our bed in her bassinet for easy nighttime feeding. It was easy to pop her into our bed to nurse back to sleep. It ended when she began to sleep through the night without needing to eat, which was about 2 months. At that time she her crib in her own room. I know many that believe co-sleeping is great. I think it's a great way to really screw up your sleep, your sex life and your marriage. I know many women that began to sleep with their children as infants and kept right on doing it until the children were old enough to ask to be allowed to sleep alone. I can only speak about the people I know, but each of these women was glad to find a reason not to sleep with their husbands. It was about 50/50 as to whether the husband or wife got the marital bed.

What Girls Said 5

• My kids will probably always sleep in their own bedroom. Babies and young kids need to self soothe so they won't constantly rely on mom and day for comfort. As long as my babies are emotionally OK, they will be in their own beds

• My friends wife sleeps in their sons bed. I don't know if she still does it but last I heard the boy was 7 or 8. It's weird to me. If my kid had a nightmare I would stay in the bed with him until he fell asleep but then go back to my bed.

• My kids would always come first no matter what. Partners come and go but kids are forever.

• My kid never slept with me. She slept in a bassinet beside our bed. And then when she turned 10 months, we moved her into her own room

• I don't want to co sleep with my child.

I'll only share a bed with my husband.

What Guys Said 2

• Kids need their own space. The marriage bed is for spouses (barring a kid being sick or scared, etc).

• My mum and dad NEVER shared a bed, he was in a separate room always.