Why get married anymore?

I kinda think it's not needed.

Like it doesn't guarantee the person will be faithful or loyal or stay in love with you or what is said in the vows.

People constantly divorce, leading to extra pain and cost in the end to both or one of the partners.

Like what is the purpose of marrying someone ?

I can get it you wanna show the world that you are taken "forever" or just taken or you wanna mark the special day or whatever.

Point is why marry when nothing is guaranteed?

why marry? Cause I rather not be married and be with someone that is right for me than be married to a man that into the 4th or 10th year we divorce and go into a battle?

I do like the part with the ring though :$

Most Helpful Guy

• The only purpose of marriage is to please God and have children.

Sounds like you come from a school of thought were marriage is normally between a man and a woman and for most people this would be true.

Marriage was designed by our creator to be between man and God and woman and God with all promises made to God and a 3 party agreement. There was once a requirement where the marriage vows had to be specific and contain the exact language, now it has watered down to people placing their own conditions and excluding God from the marriage. What you see and are describing are Godless marriages.

Death is guaranteed and covered in a God fearing marriage.

• Ummm didn't mean to make it sound that way, I think anyone can marry man to woman, woman to woman, man to man doesn't matter to me once real true love is there. Can you explain the last line? "Death is guaranteed and covered in a God fearing marriage". Yea but most people get married for the wrong reasons but with good intentions, but nothing is guaranteed. I believe that whether the two persons believe in God or not, be married or not, the relationship should be with truly loving each other

What Guys Said 4

• Well there are financial and legal benefits, especially if you want to have children one day, and that all the more so for men.

Other than that though, I think it's a nice symbol. To spend a day (or more) celebrating your love for each other and the decision to spend the rest of your lives together is a wonderful thing. Yes, a marriage in itself is no guarantee of anything, and many marriages end in divorce these days (though that could be avoided if people started considering marriage only after having established they can actually stand to share their lives with each other), but to have a special day dedicated to that decision you made will make that decision feel all the more special, especially if you end up sticking to it.

In the end it's not much more than a symbol, but I think it's a beautiful symbol. :)

• It's supposed to be a symbol of stability, committment and trustworthiness that no longer has much meaning today. However, that being said, you get married for your own reasons, not anybody elses. Each marriage means something different to the two people involved. You can't compare your marriage to anybody elses or stereotype what a marriage is supposed to mean or why you are supposed to do it.

• I say only those who are:

religious or planning on having children

should get married.

Otherwise there is no benefit (especially for men!)

• I agree, especially for men. There is little if any benefit to be gained for a man in getting married these days.

What Girls Said 4

• It isn't a guarantee. Nothing is. The work put in is what makes it forever. The dedication too. You are incorrect in that you think it guarantees something though. In life their are no guarantees, but marriage means that my probability of loyalty, and honesty are much higher than those of unwed couples. Keep in mind that those in the divorce statistics include celebs like kim Kardashians 72 day marriage, Britney Spears one day marriage and who can forget Brono Mars and his " Looking for something dumb to do... I think I want to marry you." Idiots who marry for money, looks, status, etc... devalue marriage. No one takes it seriously. anymore. So of the couples that know what marriage means and take that seriously. Look at THOSE statistics. Women in the earlier stages of marriage with held parts of themselves until they met a man worth giving it all too. Premarital sex didn't happen and women didn't move in with men before marriage either. Men had to work for their lady and she had to prove herself worthy of his work! Today women move in before getting married, suck, and fuck weeks into a relationship if not days, and spend ample amounts of cash on him. Women today give it all for free. So their shouldn't be a wonder why Marriage has no value. Relationships don't progress at the pace they did then.

In conclusion. Marriage was the ultimate phase of a relationship the place where no holds were barred, A special place to share your entire self to another person. Today marriage blends into the average relationship. Hell if we call it like it is 14-15-16 year olds are getting married!

• People who value tradition get married. It's a symbol that you vow to love that person for the rest of your life. People sometimes make the mistake of marrying quickly and not being with that person for at least a year before they are sure. Or they get married too young.

• Other than procreation, I don't see a reason. Def advocate prenups.

• I see your point, but I think the fact that it is such a huge commitment with possible risks involved, is what makes it so much more special when two people agree to do it. Not everyone marries for the right reasons, but at least for most people, when you agree to those vows you must really love each other.

Besides that, from a woman's point of view, I see men take relationships with their wives more seriously than relationships with their girlfriends (for obvious reasons). I've heard my guy friends say things like "Yeah I cheated, but she was my girlfriend. I'd never cheat on my wife. That's my WIFE!" Or a guy will prioritize friends, jobs, partying more with a girlfriend, but get more serious when she becomes his wife. I also see guys much less likely to leave a woman who is their wife vs their girlfriend. They take the commitment much more seriously.

All of this is generalizing, and there are obviously tons of examples to the contrary. But the rule, from what I've seen and heard of the men in my life, is that they're more serious with the wife. The vows and the commitment make them think of her differently.