Girls, how about a wedding without a bridal dress?

What do you girls think about not having a bridal dress for your wedding?

Let me elaborate. I've seen my parents' wedding photo; they got married out in the Alaskan wilderness on a camping trip with the company of only 4 other people. They were wearing rugged camping clothes.

My mom was wearing an olive green rain poncho.

Can you imagine wearing that as a bridal dress?

It was a very nontraditional wedding, but I kind of like that idea of breaking norms and traditions. And I think I would like my wedding to be similar. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to mimic and replicate my parents' marriage exactly. But I like the idea of having a nontraditional wedding out in the wilderness without a large crowd.

To summarize: Would you be OK with not wearing a fancy dress on your wedding day (like an olive green rain poncho, lol)? Would you be OK with not having a large ceremony? Would you be OK with having it take place in the great outdoors?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be okay with not having a gigantic princess dress but I still would expect something out of the ordinary and formal-ish it is meant to be a once in a life time event. It is meant to be a big deal.

I've been to Alaska, I would not wear a poncho to get married in.

I would be okay with a smaller type ceremony, no need for hundreds of people

I like the great outdoors but again, I still need a real ceremony of some type.

Alaska is okay not sure that I would pick it for a wedding.

I also like to camp but honestly it's not appropriate for a wedding from my perspective.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know about that, I personally don't need or want some ridiculous one but it is a special day so I do want something more than ordinary. If I had to go without I would be okay I guess, I don't need a large ceremony and don't plan on it because its a waste of money to me, and I actually want an outdoor wedding but not so outdoors that I'll be needing a poncho lol.

• I’d be 100% cool with not wearing a fancy bridal dress, as I’ve never really been interested in the idea of having a traditional wedding. I’d rather elope to somewhere cool, like a really beautiful mountain or a beach.

I’m really not feeling the green rain poncho, though.

• I think if it's their wedding they can wear what they please. I don't want a fancy wedding dress because: I would wear it only once and it would be expensive. My mom didn't wear a wedding dress but a white dress shirt and pants, my dad did the same. And they had a small quaint marriage in the backyard of my Aunt's. I think big weddings are a waste of money and takes away from the real value and meaning of the wedding day. I would actually prefer not to get married but commit to someone and exchange gifts and words of meaning. You don't need a ceremony for a bond in your heart.

• It'd depend on the circumstances, like if 2 people eloped or just did the lets get married at City Hall, but when I got married, my family made a big deal out of it so I got the big white dress lmao but it's better they did that in a way, every girl deserves to have that one special day in a way. So it wasn't my strict preference, but still.

• I probably would wear something nice but not a huge dress. Outdoors is nice, I had a friend who invited everyone round for a BBQ and surprised everyone when they got there with a buffet and weddi f. Everyone jyst partied all afternoon. So I like the idea if alternative weddings that aren't in a stuffy function room

• My aunties was kinda the same. I don't mind, it just shows that love is more important than material things!

• No no no no.No.

• I don'y care where I get married, but I want to wear the dress

• Not against it. Things happens

• I'd REALLY REALLY prefer a small, low-key and outdoor wedding. Maybe not a rain poncho ... I'd want to wear something pretty and special for the day, but it doesn't have to be a fancy dress.

What Guys Said 0