So would you marry me?

Before you ask I am religous. But before that happened I had decided to not hook up again till marriage. On another question there is a guy that stated no guy in the 21st century would ever want to marry me. Apparently guys only care about whether you are good in the sack and how often he will get laid. I think if the guy cared he would understand that this is important to me.

• Yes
  • No
I am not asking me particularly simply would you marry a girl that does not want to have sex until you are married. Plain and simple question. And take the religion out of it, I simply added to avoid 500 questions about whether I was or not.
Please if you are going to answer I am NOT asking about me specifically simply a girl with the view of no sex until marriage. Also please disregard if you would never marry because really the opinion is biased on that alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most boys wouldn't want to marry you. Most men would love to. At your age, the fact that you have the value you do would be a huge plus for most men.

• *values

• ...nor can girls understand things like women can.

• Thanks for BA.

What Guys Said 14

• The sex part, waiting is fine.

Now the religion part, it would depend. I am not religious and have nothing against people who are. Unless...

If you EXPECTED me to go to church with you. Problem.

If you were very preachy. Always talking about sinning and getting into heaven etc. Problem

If was talking to you about a problem or way to handle a situation. And you kept quoting or referring to a passage from the bible. Problem.

I have no respect for religious people trying to save the world one person at a time. Religion is a very personal choice or part of your culture.

In my opinion. People who think their Religion is better then any other, are not religious. They are brain washed and in a cult.

• If I like a girl I don't care when she wants to have sex with me for the first time or any of that... that is all less important to me. For many guys you'll find that they won't have it that way and they'll try to sell the idea 'try before you buy'... Suggesting that you may be terrible in bed and they 'won't know' until it's 'too late'... Which to me is a load of crap that they say to get you into bed.

• Well having sex is a normal part of a relationship/marriage. After all, the entire point of a relationship/marriage is sex and kids with someone you are attracted to and have fun being around. So if you're trying to marry someone, but you don't want to have sex, you probably won't get married

• Would I marry you? Maybe yes and Maybe no.

If you are looking to be a housewife, my answer is going to be no.

If you understand the concept of building a house is to building a relationship, then my answer would be yes.

• I'm religious don't want to engage in sexual activities until marriage you seem like a good fit so sure I would marry you assuming I knew you and had dated you at least a year or so.

• "But before that happened I had decided to not hook up again till marriage."

So, basically you banged numerous men, and feel since your interests changed, we should overlook a promiscuous history?

You gave little to no information for us to decide whether you're marriage material or not.

• One again it is not me specifically, but rather a girl that has the view of no sex before marriage.

• If she was a slut turned Virgin Mary, absolutely not.

I knew women personally who were religious and waited until marriage. I respected that, it's a yes.

• no offense but I wont. nothing personal but I wouldn't marry anyone. I think marriage is insanity

• Not really. At my stage in life, I wouldn't date a girl where sex wasn't part of the relationship.

• Of course I would. If a guy loved you he would be able to understand.

• Religion kind of turns me off so no I don't care about the sex till marriage thing though I have intimacy issues of my own

• Would need to know a lot more about you but based on your statement here no.

• So basically you would refuse to be with a girl that has personal beliefs that she doesn't want to have sex before marriage.

• Your right there is not guarantee but if you don't jump into marriage quick the odds are better that the person you know is actually that person. Not basing that decision solely on sex but I now if we are not sexually compatible it is not going to work and no point in getting married if it is not going to work for life. The reason I want her to be has much like me as possible because I have character and live my life by a code of honor. She must have this or no deal.

• Never said I would have to have sex before marriage just got to be sexually compatible. There are ways to know this without going all the way but it would be hard to wait.

• Nope. I wouldn't buy a car without taking it for a test drive either.

• I don't know you enough to know if you would be the kind of person I would marry. Chances are the answer will be no since I'm not big on marriage in the first place. I'm perfectly fine with being in a relationship with a single girl for the rest of my life without having to get married. So, my answer would most likely be no. Not because of you, but because marriage just isn't my thing and if marriage is something that is important to you, then you should be with someone that values marriage the same way. I wouldn't take what the other person said to heart since I can assure you there is someone out there that will want to marry you. No one is born into this world to be alone. You just have to find that person.

• No, I wouldn't.

1) I'm not into marriage at all (doesn't mean I can't take a girl seriously though)

2) I'm not a religious person so I'm not exactly sure how we'd mesh, depending on how religious you are

3) Call it an assumption, but I've found that those who put sex on this kind of "holy level" or whatever you can call it, are often too uptight about it in the first place. To me, sex is another aspect of a relationship and I don't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed. Sexuality is healthy for people, and I wouldn't want to deal with someone having this sort of view on it. If you notice, Eastern religions and belief systems tend to encourage a couple to enjoy each other on all levels, while Western religions such as Christianity make you ashamed of it. I'm not for that, because it just feels forced and unnatural.

And big #4: I don't even know you :)

• See people think I would be uptight, but I was giving it up like 3 times a day every day and had two guys break up with me for being too freaky? But really I am just tired of staying in relationships because of sex being good when the person isn't. I have a much clearer head and well now that I have changed my views religiously just adds to my desire not to.

• So then for your case personally, I would still think our beliefs don't match up. If I was a guy seriously interested in you, I wouldn't have a problem waiting until you're comfortable taking that step...but I wouldn't wait until marriage because I don't believe it is sacred or anything like that, on top of me not being a marriage guy to begin with.

What Girls Said 3

• There are plenty of men, who share the same views on sex and such.

My advice to you is: don't let people convince you that you HAVE to stay abstinent, otherwise you're less valuable as a woman. That's a disgusting misogynistic lie that's been spread throughout centuries.

Your vagina does not define you or your value as a person.

If you choose to be abstinent, do it for personal reasons, for yourself. Not because society expects you to and insults your entire being, if you chose to have a healthy sex life.

Even if the majority of voters say they wouldn't marry an abstinent woman, don't let that diminish your stance. A loving partner should respect your choices and you shouldn't have to compromise your belief to accommodate to the majority.

I personally think it's foolish to wait until marriage because of compatibility reasons, but that's just me. You should do what you think is best for you. :)

• Why do the women choose to be believe that I am doing this based on society? I made this decision before I became religious. I'm just tired of staying in relationships that I shouldn't be because the sex is good. Or them dumping me after we do have sex. Or just the way it muddles your thinking. I find I am much happier and clearer thinking in relationships now.

• It's mere speculation. I didn't say anything conclusive, but chose to address the issue, because quite a few girls walk around this site proclaiming to be holier, than thou just because they managed to keep their legs shut for x amount of time and that that somehow makes them more respected by guys.

Sex doesn't destroy relationships, though. It's all about the type of person you choose to date. If you're happier without sex, then that's absolutely fine.

• I agree with ironeddie.. a lot of good men will wait, but don't be a religious nut those kind of people do nothing but push others away from your religion. Teach by showing the words of God not by preaching them (I know far too many religious hypocrites who say one thing, but are worse sinners than me and I'm agnostic! It's like I should follow you because...)

Also you mentioned depending on sex in previous relationships leading you to this decision. Why wait until marriage? Why not hold off until you get to know the person pretty well? I ask this because I noticed a lot of people end up rushing marriage toward the end for the sex (I have a few friends like this.. they get engaged after a year or two when they aren't really ready for their morals of not having sex before marriage and are not satisfied with their marriages). I say get to know the person first and if it comes down to it just have sex DON'T rush into a lifelong commitment just because you're horny.

• Eh see I just don't want to. My number is higher than I ever wanted it to be. I don't wanna get pregnant, or go an any birth control again. And since it's been over a year and I haven't broken down yet (with many great offers mind you) I am not gonna rush marriage just for sex say like way back in the day when I was determined to stay a virgin till marriage.

• That's fine as long as you're taking marriage seriously. It'll be a problem that you'll have to work out with your significant others, but you guys can find other methods of pleasure.

• Well, most guys WONT but if you're about that life then you're about that life.. Why does it matter if some guys will be with you or not? MOST GUYS WILL NOT... you should know this.. why are you asking for approval? Be true to yourself and your beliefs regardless of what most young "unsaved" hormone driving males think, d*mn...

• Oh geez I was trying to prove a point to another person that it is not the only deciding factor.

• OK.